AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my job to buy me a new MacBook Pro and my friend's old one gave up the ghost before I got around to putting my old one on the usual sites. Ended up taking this in as part of the deal to get him running again:

1532019_10152509852993082_808652593_n.jpg

Knocked $400 off the price of the computer for it; I figure we both got fair value from that.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
973 Posts
Pretty cool Gen 1 Glock in the original "tupperware" box you got there! My dad has one and I kinda like the feel of old the groove-less frame.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, y'all. The finger grooves are what's kept me away from Glocks 'til now; I really like the grip on this one.

7n6, yeah, I love that you have to pul the trigger to make it fit in the box. Safety third!

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Their warranty is great. Im getting a new old stock G21 SF cause they found some minor pitting on the inside of the slide on the one I sent it. The reason I sent it in was to change the frame, which was also covered by the warranty. There was no questions no nothing. The tech called me yesterday and said we found som pitting so we are going to go ahead and send you a new one! :jiggy::dance: I asked about my night sights and they said they would tranfer those onto the new one as well!! :beer:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Thanks, y'all. The finger grooves are what's kept me away from Glocks 'til now; I really like the grip on this one.

7n6, yeah, I love that you have to pul the trigger to make it fit in the box. Safety third!

Cheers,
-Kit
5 minutes with a file takes care of the finger groove problem..... Teehee....which is exactly what I did to my 19, much better now...

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Very cool! Are the 1st generations hard to come by? I'd love to add one to the collection for the historical significance someday.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Very cool! Are the 1st generations hard to come by? I'd love to add one to the collection for the historical significance someday.
They are hard to find but do not cost much more than another gen Glock. I bought a G1 19 with Austrian proofs for $400

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Beautiful Gen 1 Glock! Used to have one just like it in the late '80's. Wish i would have kept that one. I do currently have a Gen 4 Glock 17 and love it as well. IMO the Glock 17 is the classic Glock in any of the generations.

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
Great pistol. If you're new to Glocks don't ever stick your finger inside the trigger guard until ready to fire and buy a dedicated Glock holster and you'll be alright.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Great pistol. If you're new to Glocks don't ever stick your finger inside the trigger guard until ready to fire and buy a dedicated Glock holster and you'll be alright.
^Good advice. Theres a guy named Dale Fricke and he makes great holsters excellent customer service.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
"Picked up a Glock..."

I hope you put it back down.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
They are hard to find but do not cost much more than another gen Glock. I bought a G1 19 with Austrian proofs for $400
Nice man, you really seem to have a well rounded pistol collection. I want a G2 19 to carry/shoot, and a G1 17 someday just for the historical significance like I said. My go to striker fire has been my Walther PPQ first edition, but no collection is complete without a Glock

·
Registered
1,937 Posts

While you reloaded your magazines in anticipation
of another round of pure Glock perfection.
:cool:
;)
"Glock Perfection" is a bit of an oxymoron. I used to be a Glock armorer and one should know.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts