AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

RPK-74N clone built on a 5.45x39mm VEPR K by Krebs Custom.
45 round Molot magazine purchased from Stottman.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Timkel, you have some beautiful Kalashnikov variants. That plum upper handguard is a rare piece, IIRC...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thekater,

That is awesome! I have a VEPR and the longer I have it, the more I am dissatisfied with the stock and forend. I would like to adapt traditional RPK handguards to mine, can you tall me what all Krebs did to that?
-JD

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The original VEPR front end was replaced:

Genuine 24" hammer forged, chrome lined, heavy barrel, includes complete rear sight/block assembly w/ windage adjustment, lower handguard retainer ring, 2nd generation heavy bipod assembly, front sight assembly and flash hider. A fantastic authentic upgrade for your 5.45 x 39 rifle.

The rear-end was welded up and then hand polished to accept the correct Russian buttstock. The rifle was refinished in a baked black enamel.

There may have been other things done but you would have to ask Krebs Custom about the details.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Holy snikies. Those are some nice f'ing RPKs.

TheKatar. What do you have sunk into that build?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TheRealSundance said:

Sundance,

I did not comission the build, I picked it up after the original buyer backed out.

I paid $1650 for it and I think $85 for the magazine. I have a couple other accessories for it as well.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Thekatar said:
TheRealSundance said:

Sundance,

I did not comission the build, I picked it up after the original buyer backed out.

I paid $1650 for it and I think $85 for the magazine. I have a couple other accessories for it as well.
Whatever you paid it was worth it. I love that thing!!!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Thekatar said:
TheRealSundance said:

Sundance,

Damn. I'd call that a steal compared to a kit build.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The moment I saw it posted on Krebs consignment board I did about two seconds worth of mental arithmetic and came to the immediate conclusion that I needed to buy it RIGHT NOW.

I just can't believe I grabbed it before anybody else.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
xcibes said:
Thekatar said:
TheRealSundance said:

Sundance,

You lucky dog!!! You lucked out that I did not see it first or it would be residing here in good old VA.

I just bought a Vepr and I already had the front end and plenty of 45 rnd mags so I am building one ASAP.
Ha! I just can't believe I finally got lucky (for once!)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts