AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that the rolled and ribbed stock is Russian and the Bulgie in not rolled, but ribbed. Can I get a pic please! Thanks!

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you're looking for a sidefolder, here ya go.
This is some sort of test, right?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK..I am really confussed! I thought :

The Bulgie one has a ribbed butplate and non rolled struts. Doesn't the one in the pic have rolled struts? Is this one a bulgy or a Tula?

I thought the Tula stock has the rolled struts and ribbed plate ...and the Ish has non rolled struts (like the Bulgie) but with a flat butplate!?! :neutral:

·
Registered
857 Posts
I believe you are correct Huey. My Bulgarian Krink kit from Kvar (say that five time fast) came with a stock that has non rolled struts and a ribbed buttplate. I recently bought a Tula rolled edge, ribbed buttstock for this kit in order to make it a more proper Russian clone.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Let me go upstairs and look, OK, the full size rifles have rolled and ribbed , Im told the rolled edges are to make it stronger for lanching grenades. The Krink (Bulgi) has ribbed and non-rolled because they dont lanch 'nades from Krinks (as a rule). I think there was a time when some stocks had smooth butts and non-rolled edges (I like smooth butts). So you could get almost any combo. OK here is a reference
http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-bin/ ... &ppinc=big

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so bulgies have non rolled and ribbed rear
tula has rolled and ribbed
Izh has non rolled and non ribbed?
is this correct?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
All the stamped stocks that the Bulgarians use are Russian. The straight edge were Izh and the rolled were Tula. As far as the buttplate, early patterns were smooth, others ribbed. Bulgaria never produced their own actual sidefolding stock assembly. They imported them and had tons of them left over after the fall stockpiled. Now the rolled edge were typically for the Krink variants. So you can use either one and it would be legit. The straight edge being the earlier, maybe 80's style. People think Bulgaria produces their own, they don't- they just use the Russian ones but depending on when the weapon was produced, it may have a straight edge or rolled edge.

Don't ask me how I know these things, it only keeps me up at night with this knowledge.

Bryant

·
Registered
793 Posts
What is the correct folder for a Bulgarian AKS74? I'm having one built and want to make sure I have the right one installed. I've got both versions.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Neutrino45 said:
What is the correct folder for a Bulgarian AKS74? I'm having one built and want to make sure I have the right one installed. I've got both versions.
Which AKS-74? AKS-74 M1A1, 5.56, or 5.45??? Older, say 90's, were rolled, newer would be straight both in krink and rifle.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'm sorry if I don't answer your question correctly. It's a 5.45 full stock Plum Bulgarian kit that I bought from K-Var a while back. I assumed that if I replace the full stock w/ the triangular folding stock then it would be an AKS74? I don't plan on installing a scope rail on it.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Scope rail would be AKS-74n. Since it is the plum set then straight edged most likely. Rolled edges were Krink mostly.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
huey_crew_chief said:
Thanks!
But why are the trunnions a different size Bryant?
Trunnions are the same size, except when going with the Russian AK 100 series furniture. These are the ones that use the oversized pin. Now they did make some sidefolding stocks, stamped metal to fit the 100 series trunnions- simply to reduce production costs, basically drilled out the existing metal folders.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My ribbed and rolled folder will not fit in my non ribbed and no rolled trunnion. If The ribbed and rolled folder is a tula, the ribbed and non rolled is a bulgy and a non ribbed and non rolled is a Izsh, shouldn't the two russian folders be interchangable with the trunnions?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts