AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an Arsenal SLR105 with Russian side folder and Russian Laminated Handguards.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FCG=3
US Piston=1
US Brake=1
US mag follower=1 :wink:

er....uh..........floorplate!

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
What Johno doesnt tell you guys is that he leaves the bolt, follower, and gas piston out of that one. No worry about parts count - Its strictly a safe queen!

Just kidding... :twisted:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Doohh

that's the set up then.....I have toyed with the idea for my SLR...slap a folder on it...I got to AKS kits I need to build up though

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
My SLR has the same set up. it's posted in personal AK thread. They are slick.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here we go,I picked it up at a gun show!

Myself and one of the Millwrights at work have been working on one made out of aluminum stock but we're having trouble with the curvature.I'm holding out for one of the new US 74 floor plates.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hey Johno, here's my attempt at an early 80's AKS74. It's an OOW receiver with a Bulgy AKS74 parts kit, Russian folding stock, and Russian furniture.

I just got a notice today that my US AK74 floorplates are being shipped. Since they're coming from KY, I hope to have them Tues or Wed.

Edited to reduce photo width.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
JOHNO,

That particular rifle of yours happens to be one of my personal favorites I've seen on the web. That rifle has a real soul to it.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
JOHNO, I regret to inform you that I am a member of the BATFE. Due to a new law passed, the number of AK rifles you own has been restricted, and you must send several to me, including the EG type rifle and the Russian AKM... and hopefully a cool underfolder. Oh yeah and some ammo and mags.

Uhhh... yeah, its the law man. :grin:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is Beautiful,now where did you find all those F1 grenades! :grin:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hello, love the pics guys. Awesome looking 74's.......... Now I see you all used bulgarian 74's for the base of your russian 74's, am I correct. What pieces are russian other than the forearm? Thanks, NS

·
Registered
894 Posts
Noble Sniper said:
Hello, love the pics guys. Awesome looking 74's.......... Now I see you all used bulgarian 74's for the base of your russian 74's, am I correct. What pieces are russian other than the forearm? Thanks, NS
On mine the upper & lower handguard, the pistol grip, and the buttstock are Russian.

The Russian AKS74 buttstocks have straight edges and smooth buttplates. Most of the Bulgy kits have rolled edge stocks which are Russian too, but "correct" for Krinks and not AKS74s.

The "correct" plastic pistol grip is a dark shiny plum. Besides the color and texture differences it is shaped slightly smaller than the typical maroon pistol grips that are the most commonly seen Russian grips in the US. The maroon grips will overhang the reinforcement plates that are used on AKS74s and the shiny plum grips will fit the reinforcing plate almost perfectly.

SturmGrenadier's AKS74 has a laminated grip which, as I understand it, is correct for early AKS74s.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts