AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my girl today.

She was around 13, and grew up with me.

Of course the last time I pet her was 3 months ago and now I'm 1,500 miles away in the middle of Wyoming while she was suffering in Ohio. Her body just couldn't take it any more, and I got the call with the bad news tonight.

So, pet your dog, because life is short, and you'll miss them when they are gone. We did everything we could to help her, and the medicine we gave her added an additional year and a half to her life, but it is still too short. :sad: God had other plans for her.

Rest in Peace, Niki, you're in a better place now.

·
Super Moderator
25,780 Posts
:sad: Its sad when you lose a member of your family.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my best buddy several months ago and I still grieve for him, but there's a new pup in the house. He's a good dog, and I think that over time he will become a great companion.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss. She was a very good looking dog. :sad:

I just went and gave our lazy old fat stinky 12 year or black lab some pettin'. Man I'm going to miss him so much when his time comes.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
American eskimo? My sister has the same dog only all orange. Great dogs. Sorry for your loss :sad:

It took me a while to get over my German Shepherd but after a few years I knew I couldnt live without a 4 legged buddy. Adopted a puppy last year.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Sorry for your loss....Dogs were one of God's better ideas.

"When i die I want to go where dogs go"
M.Twain

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts

Sorry to hear. This was my pup. Don't know how old he was. He was found beaten nearly to death in a park. Later he was returned 3 times to the local SPCA before I adopted him. Never figured out why, he was the best dog I've ever seen/had/known. Sadly he had to be put down last winter. He could no longer get up or move. I miss him a lot. He used to go with me everywhere.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Close on the Eskimo guess, but she was a Samoyed.

We did everything we could to make her life great, and that's what matters.Thanks everyone for the condolences.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
In following my Faith, we do not believe that animals have souls, however once you have really gotten attached to one of God's wonderful gifts one has to stop and give cause. Damn it hurts bad when they leave us.....

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. I just got back taking my old boy on a long walk. I always enjoy my time with him.

·
Registered
961 Posts
My condolences truly and from the heart. I miss my dog more than anything - and no friend can replace her. That said, I lost both rats in the past year (still have the cat) - the rats were great and sweet little friends - my heart aches for you.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
My condolences on your loss.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I truly know how bad it can feel.

·
Registered
590 Posts
My condolences. It's hard when you lose a pet. Almsot as bad as a loved relative at times.

My old lab is on his last legs....been with me since I was 9 and I am 22 now. It'll be hard when he's gone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts