761 - 780 of 790 Posts

·
Technical Advisor
16,189 Posts
I have a JRA M72AB1 also.
All matching serial numbers.
Excellent fit and finish.
Shoots very wery well and accurate.

Uncommon model and the detachable bipod is a very nice feature.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I got one of the JRA M72 carbine under folder. One of my favs.
Actually Blue it was one of your builds that I saw and then these came available and I had to get it. Something about those cooling fins.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
I have a JRA M72AB1 also.
All matching serial numbers.
Excellent fit and finish.
Shoots very wery well and accurate.

Uncommon model and the detachable bipod is a very nice feature.
AKBlue bought an AK “off the rack”?

·
Technical Advisor
16,189 Posts
Ha!., yes I did.
I kinda had a lead from JRA on a matching numbers kit.
Came thru Classic for $800.

I have another as well and a kit that I plan to sorta clone into a M82 RPK in 5.56 .

But I'm gonna skip the adjustable gas block. But will have removable bipod and underfolder stock.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Sadly mine isnt matching nor have the removable bipod.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Oh., you mentioned it was a M72AB1., that model has the removable bipod and underfolder stock..
Maybe you only got the trunnion marking and not all the parts etc. ?
Ok, I was mistaken. It 's a m72B1. Did the AB1 come first or after the B1? 20200724_165038.jpg

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Another M72 original barreled kit lives on a Childers receiver. Thanks to BR7.62 for offering up the kit on the market place a few months ago... I've cranked out a lot of AKs but this was my first RPK build. It was fun getting this up under the press with the longer barrel. I had planned to match the receiver to the original bluing but oiling up the park job Childers put on it... I liked it just like it was, less work for me same fun. God I miss building original barreled kits... fucking walk in the park.

·
Super Moderator
26,470 Posts
Nice job man! You have more balls than me, because I would never try an AK build on my own.

Reactions: Tyrvidar

·
Registered
777 Posts
Here’s another one from me this year. Test fired it yesterday, and it seemed to run real good. First time I installed a new piston as one of my compliance parts. Barrel is new (started out trying to build it with the old barrel, but opted to go with the new one instead eventually). Had my FSB a bit too canted to the left, but thanks to Mudburner’s advice, I think I got that fixed now. I actually bought this kit probably like 10 years back from centerfire systems but wasn’t able to build for a long time. Then when I started building it, I got to riveting most things in place on the nodak receiver, but wound up having trouble pressing the old barrel back in (at that time I was just going to put it back together with original barrel). That put the freeze on the build for another number of years. Eventually thanks to the advice of people on the forum I figured out the trick to pressing in the barrel and been working on it the past few months to finish it up finally. Rivets are kind of shitty looking but functional. I opted not to try to make prettier from the way I had set them back 5 or so years ago, since they were still functional. Glad to have this one finally finished off, but enough talk. Pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi. I shall share my M72b1 i got couple months back. I fired about 300 brass (no problem) and about 300 steel (also no problem), except upper handguard is really loose.
Didn't build it. Bought from a reputable ffl 07 in crappy state.

It has morrissey aam-pk47 receiver, the builder said it takes normal AK47 grips and buttstock which I am thinking it is a plus because I find out I am mostly s.o.l. with finding alternative handguards.

*don't mind the grip I live in crappy state.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sure wish I had bought a finished rifle for $1000 prepandemic, a fella I know had like 6 of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

761 - 780 of 790 Posts