AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first of all this wasn't mine but, this is an interesting and maybe alarming but not shocking to some.

I saw a RRA tactical carry handle on eBay and it closed $0.01. I wondered how did I miss it so I PM the seller. He says his PayPal acct. was revoked because he used it to sell cast lead bullets on Gunbroker! PayPal actually looked up the transaction and targeted him because he used PayPal on Gunbroker seems to be what happened.
I wish I could use another medium for funds but I use it a lot! So be extremely discreet or say screw em and not use it. Just never actually heard first hand of it happening.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It happened to me, from selling a magazine off of a forum(not here). I believe Paypal did an "audit" when i was trying to withdraw funds and the description mentioned the forum. It sucks i had to wait 180 days for them to release funds and now i pretty much can't use ebay either. Be careful.

·
Registered
22,613 Posts
I got rid of both Ebay and PayPal... It's not worth it to me to deal with bullshit like that.

Even when I'm discreet I can only count on myself to be that way... all it takes is someone being careless to cause some major headaches.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
They locked my account with over $500 in it. I called them and told them I needed the money to pay my mortgage so they let me withdraw the money and locked the account.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Had my main account locked years ago selling an 80% MP40 tube.

Call after call back and forth with paypal, the guy says "Why don't you just make another account?"

I was even more pissed that it was that easy. A great way to let fraud run rampant.

i don't think the account was locked because it was through gunbroker... Hell gunbroker has a Paypal option. I'm quite sure it was due to verbiage in the title or message. That's where it trips their alarms. Put "AK47" in their somewhere and you will lose the account. I don't know if they are truly anti gun like people say, or really just anti lawsuit. They just want to make money.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I never understood how it is an option for payment on gunbroker yet they are anti-gun. Now that I think about it the reason they locked my account was in reference to an ad I had on gumbroker?

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
There are a lot of items sold on GB that don't violate PP's terms of use.

The fact is, you don't have to put anything in the PP memo except the amount of payment and your address. You don't need a subject line, you don't need a memo. "Discreet" means STFU about the item.

No reason to get cute with "bulgarian paperweights" or other nonsense. FNGs always want to do that for some reason.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
I sell lots of "Jade Green Buddah" statues and use PayPal! ;)

Reactions: StuG_1944

·
Super Moderator
26,331 Posts

The fact is, you don't have to put anything in the PP memo except the amount of payment and your address. You don't need a subject line, you don't need a memo. "Discreet" means STFU about the item.

No reason to get cute with "bulgarian paperweights" or other nonsense. FNGs always want to do that for some reason.
A big +1 to this. I just the forum PMs, or regular email. NEVER mention ANYTHING gun related when using PP.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Since Ebay owns PayPal, it seems PP transactions parallel the restrictions Ebay places on items you can or cannot sell on their site. PayPal is now pretty much linked with what you buy or sell on Ebay. As others have said, if you PP for other "goods & services", ensure no reference is made to anything PP might have an objection to. One can always add a few ad hoc bogus remarks in the "comment box" before you transfer funds as a bit of additional "camouflage"...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Yeah they did this to me a few years ago. Though I had already transferred all of it out. I think they just search gunbroker for paypal listings then put the pieces together.

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts

+1., Paypal & Ebay are California incorporated entities. That state's history of anti-gun and related litigation awards is not a good thing for any company's corporate policy on weapon related sales. After the Virginia Tech shootings., and the fact that the shooter obtained some items from Ebay there was a change in EBay's listing and Paypal transaction policies regarding firearms parts transactions. Not a good thing., but reality.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts