AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Re: Parts kits might be history in CA

saigaman972 said:
"Waxman said he’ll introduce a federal law to ban the Internet sale of gun kits that allow people to build their own homemade assault weapons."
Federal law. It would affect everyone if it passes.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Parts kits might be history in CA

m03 said:
saigaman972 said:
"Waxman said he’ll introduce a federal law to ban the Internet sale of gun kits that allow people to build their own homemade assault weapons."
Federal law. It would affect everyone if it passes.
Ah crap that is what I get for not going to sleep yet.

·
Registered
623 Posts
The problem he'll run into is that in order to ban "gun parts kits" (along with a similar attempt to ban 80% receivers) is that it will either outright ban the sale of gun parts, which will NEVER happen.... or it will have to be so specific that its totally useless. Will a "79%" receiver be illegal? What about a "parts kit" if it doesn't have furniture.. cant build a gun without furniture... I'm not too worried.

·
Banned
57 Posts
Waxman's a well known loon, it won't pass unless they're able to attach it to a bill the GOP really wants to run through.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
eh, parts kits are already dead, but not for that reason. you can't ban parts to fix guns, thats just retarded and impossible. However, has any one else noticed there's really not a whole lot going on in the parts kit market? once rguns runs out of russian parts kits I don't see a whole lot more being around, 3-5 years ago you could buy every type of ak under the sun in parts, now even if you're willing to pay more, there's not much else besides bulgy ak-74 kits. No more romy G, hungarian anything or much else. It's pretty much dead.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
hey_hi_its_me_vlad said:
eh, parts kits are already dead, but not for that reason. you can't ban parts to fix guns, thats just retarded and impossible. However, has any one else noticed there's really not a whole lot going on in the parts kit market? once rguns runs out of russian parts kits I don't see a whole lot more being around, 3-5 years ago you could buy every type of ak under the sun in parts, now even if you're willing to pay more, there's not much else besides bulgy ak-74 kits. No more romy G, hungarian anything or much else. It's pretty much dead.
The barrel ban really killed it, as now it is a lot more difficult to complete a build and more expensive.

·
Super Moderator
25,787 Posts
Dawg180 said:
hey_hi_its_me_vlad said:
The barrel ban really killed it, as now it is a lot more difficult to complete a build and more expensive.
Yep.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Yep x2. IMO, once you have a US made receiver and barrel, you essentially just have a US clone rifle with some foreign parts attached. I stopped buying once the barrels disappeared.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Why cut up old inventory and sell them as parts kits with all the crap going down in the middle east over the last several years?

Lots of places to dump the complete rifles for premium prices what with all the uprisings and civil wars going on....gunrunners (with a nod nod wink wink from the big political players) are snapping up everything they can get. ITAR and all the bullshit import/export treaties are a joke because as soon as the big players want to support some faction on the down low they break every one of them..they want to get "their side" weapons and munitions without their name on them and to hell with the "rules".

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
BadBrad said:
Why cut up old inventory and sell them as parts kits with all the crap going down in the middle east over the last several years?

Lots of places to dump the complete rifles for premium prices what with all the uprisings and civil wars going on....gunrunners (with a nod nod wink wink from the big political players) are snapping up everything they can get. ITAR and all the bullshit import/export treaties are a joke because as soon as the big players want to support some faction on the down low they break every one of them..they want to get "their side" weapons and munitions without their name on them and to hell with the "rules".

Not quite like that.

The importers who are bidding and buying lots are not buying part kits. They are buying functioning rifles. They are competing with others who are buying fully functioning rifles. It just happens that more money is to be made by cutting them up and selling them as kits here than sending them as-is to some less than desirable country.

The conflicts raise the prices as the demand is higher but we still seem to be paying more in the global scheme.

It's not like they are saying "cut them up and try to sell them". It's just "sell them to the highest bidder".

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Last I read on AK prices "over there" (posted on here somewhere by a service member in Afganistan or Iraq) was that the european built AK's were selling on the "secondary market" for around $1000.00 and $300.00 to $400.00 for the Paki Kyber pass built models. I'm guessing the wholesale prices from the countries selling off their surplus rifle stocks has gone up considerably....I may well be wrong but I suspect the same scenerio is occurring with supplies of surplus ammo.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Anyone who thinks this kind of bill has chance didnt learn anything from this last panic.

No need to panic, or even worry.

·
Registered
616 Posts
It's a bummer I got into this so late. I'd love a 3rd milled Yugo but I won't pay the rapist prices I've been seeing for the kits, lately. Friggin 5 months ago they were 220!

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Wouldn't even look at one if it was made from ak parts. :grin: I forgot were I saw the video maybe a news clip, it was about watch artisans and the shortage of designers and people that can fix fine watches because a lot of people don't wear watches now or they wear digital ones.

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
Elliot308 said:
Dinkas said:
Anyone ever checked fonderie47.com? They sell a $350,000 watch with materials from ak's they chop up from Africa.
That is not what their site says.

It says "Each timepiece sold funds the destruction of 1000 assault rifles in Africa."
Looks like a very slickly packaged scheme to separate empty-headed philanthropists like Angelina Jolie from their money.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
They cut up AK47's and re-smelt the metal and some small token portion of the re-smelted metal is used in making their baubles.They would be money ahead chopping them up for parts kits and selling them in the U.S.....sell one and have money to buy and destroy three more..of course that would not fit with the guns are evil motif.
I bet more people have been killed in Africa with machetes then AK's...nobodies buying them up and melting them. It's a bunch of googly-goo feel good nonsense. People have been killing each other since Cain killed Able. The problem is cultural, political, economic, moral....need to address the why not the how as to why these people are constantly warring.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts