AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Thank you for aiding my search to identify which type of AK i have. Research online, checking with other marksman turned out empty whereas my new parts recently ordered aren't fitting whereas they are manufactured for an AK-47 Milled receiver.

Last month i bough my first AK-47 which was listed as an FEG AK-47 on the transfer papers. though when the new parts came in the woodenstock was about to be replaced by a folding stock when i ran into an issue with the size of the new stock.

2015-12-24 09.46.31.jpg 2015-12-24 09.46.14.jpg

The milled received measured 31.2 mm whereas the folding stock was measuring 32.7 mm; now this is 1.5 mm to thick and wouldn't fit.

Moving on to the picatinny rail i ran into the same issue that it didn't fit.

2015-12-24 10.00.09.jpg 2015-12-24 10.00.36.jpg

The iron sights width is 24.0 mm and the picatinny rail is 22.0 mm which is 2 mm to small.

After running some research i couldn't establish a positive conclusion comparing the details and markings on the rifle what exact type it is.

The serial number starts with BM19xxx and it seems to be an Hungarian AK-63.

Who can help me identify the exact make and model of my rifle and help to find a way to make my parts fit the rifle (ordered from Zahal org)

Thank you,

Martin.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

More pictures of the rifle would help. More info would help, is it a new rifle or did you buy it used?

You obviously have a milled receiver rifle. The Hungarians made a milled AK-55. There have been AK-63D parts kits (AKM pattern stamped receivers) brought in that were built on milled receivers.

It sounds like you bought some aftermarket AKM parts. Milled receivers have different dimensions than an AKM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a used rifle; bought it second hand from a gun dealer whereas the whereabouts of the origin is not known to him (or he doesn't want to share).

the after market parts ordered are:

Product Catalog No. Attributes Quantity Each Total
; AK Aluminum Rail System; VFR-AK; ; 1;
; M4 Folding Buttstock for MILLED AK 47; M4-AK-MIL; Color: Black, Additional Tube Shock Absorber: Tube Shock Absorber, Add Cheek Piece: Add Cheek Piece, Add Sling Swivel: Add Sling Swivel, Choose Butt-Stock: Recoil-reducing AR15/M4/M16 Butt stock, ; 1;

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Intended to use it for Parcourse rifle shooting (NPSA / IPCS) where the iron sights are not ideal. Was looking to place a red dot for quick aim and some better accuracy and the folding stock for being able to aim easier around obstacles.

All the original parts will off course be retained to be able to bring it back in it's original configuration. So; it seems i need to learn using the iron sights and work around obstacles with the wooden stock :). Perhaps more challenging though not impossible...

Martin

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Great looking rifle!!

You aren't going to get much love around here with plans to ruin a great rifle by adding all of that aftermarket crap. Sorry!

Reactions: JestersRevenge

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
To me the rifle looks beautiful.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Research the Hungarian AK-55. Those are 50 year old parts you have there and they look great.

You may want to keep those taticool parts for another rifle. Also, as you found those parts will not fit. Most of the after market stuff is made for stamped receiver AKM pattern rifles.

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
Intended to use it for Parcourse rifle shooting (NPSA / IPCS) where the iron sights are not ideal. Was looking to place a red dot for quick aim and some better accuracy and the folding stock for being able to aim easier around obstacles.

All the original parts will off course be retained to be able to bring it back in it's original configuration. So; it seems i need to learn using the iron sights and work around obstacles with the wooden stock :). Perhaps more challenging though not impossible...

Martin
Now Martin, that sir IS a very good attitude. Best of luck at your competitions and welcome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Then perhaps i shouldn't as it doesn't fit nonetheless. Better to learn it to shoot it as it is today...

After new year when the range is open i will take it out for first time shooting. i'm both enthusiastic and careful as i have no clue what to expect. Just hope to hit the target at a 100 yards the first time :)

Martin

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Well let's back up a bit here. That's not a reweld.

What country are you in?

I know the Zahal site sells items for the Galil, not sure if they also sell AK parts.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts