AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, had a gun being built by a smith, got half done then he went lazy and after much hassling got my half-finished gun back.

It's a Maadi kit, bolt + carrier+ dustcover numbers match, safety lever doesn't., Virgin Romy barrel, sidefolder, missing rear trunnion, missing recoil spring+guide (if he replaces it it won't be numbers matching like it was). Has original FCG and a Tapco G2 group as well, along with a Maadi magazine. I have a Romanian siderail for it that I bought from Tantal's website for $40 (The rear "half" is solid instead of hook shaped). Receiver is a Nodakspud NDS-3.

The front trunnion is riveted in and bolt is headspaced and RSB installed, that work looks to be done right. Gas block needs drilling, and GB and FSB need pinned, rear trunnion needs to be found to be installed. Trigger guard has two rivets finished, but they gotta be pulled and all four installed.

....what could I ask for this half-finished mutt? After hassling a year with the guy, him losing a couple (replaceable) parts and him in-process of refunding me I'm just sick of it. The whole project has lost any appeal to me and I sorta just want to dump it and get something else.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You probably know where it should be, but I'd figure half-way between a Romy build and a completed Maadi. Then subtract the cost for the parts and the completion labor. Sounds to me like that would work out to be the price of a nice kit, give or take. Depressing, I know.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorta what I figured. Thanks very much. Basically barrel and receiver cost, the parts are free.

Half-completed works screws you over on that the labor bill is still there totally.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I would part it out if you have the ability to take it apart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts