AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,766 Posts
I'll bet if those fools did not receive a paycheck this crap would not happen. Only a fool fights in a burning house.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I read on some news site that NICS checks could be affected.

ETA: Just did a Google search on it and several sites are reporting that NICS will not be affected. Anyone try to buy a gun today?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I read on some news site that NICS checks could be affected.

ETA: Just did a Google search on it and several sites are reporting that NICS will not be affected. Anyone try to buy a gun today?
I should be picking up a transfer later this afternoon. But with my CCW, there won't be a NICS check.

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
NICS isn't affected, although NFA processing has halted until after the budget is sorted out...

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
The Good: Did not see a single civil service aircraft inspector on the flightline today as we flew a short schedule...
The Bad: Base commissary closes until further notice...

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
What I find amusing is 1/3 of our workforce has been cut on our base repairing submarines. All that work needs to be done on schedule, regardless, so when I do go back to work I'll be getting overtime out the ass.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
If they are furloughing all non-essential personnel, then what is Biden going to do with the time off?

Reactions: shep

·
Super Moderator
25,766 Posts
He's getting paid, just like the rest of the "representatives" and "leaders".

·
Registered
21,746 Posts
If they are furloughing all non-essential personnel, then what is Biden going to do with the time off?
He's going to tour the House of Mittens and later the Museum of Shiny Objects.

He won't be seen for months.

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
Ran into a work stoppage today due to the shut down. Part of my job is being a technical publications writer that requires DCMA governmental approval. Came in today and found a note in the system from the Govt. guy telling me he was out until further notice with no alternate contact.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Ran into a work stoppage today due to the shut down. Part of my job is being a technical publications writer that requires DCMA governmental approval. Came in today and found a note in the system from the Govt. guy telling me he was out until further notice with no alternate contact.
Do you write technical publications for the Navy? Or all of the DoD or just one certain branch?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I won't miss them.
Sorry for you folks who find yourselves out of work for the time being, but I'm self employed so I'm used to occasional dry spells.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Sweet, like there is not enough backlog now ...

NICS isn't affected, although NFA processing has halted until after the budget is sorted out...

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
Do you write technical publications for the Navy? Or all of the DoD or just one certain branch?
It is two branches and I will leave it at that. My technical writing is for an internal DOD contract manufacturer in support of a delivered product. From that, those two branches take my writing and parse it as needed for the end user level.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow, what a mess. A few of us civil sevice folks were left to tend to the aircraft with no money or repair funds!!!!:eek:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts