AK Rifles banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a little , I was wondering If anyone had a set in stone recipe for jasco prep (phosphoric acid) manganese dioxide powder and water...
Also how long do you season it and do you prefer steel wool or iron filings??
Thanks Speed

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
speedfreak955 said:
I have done a little , I was wondering If anyone had a set on stone recipe for jasco prep (phosphoric acid) manganese dioxide powder and water...
Thanks Speed
Hey Speed.

I've tried the steel wool seasoning method and hated the results. I switched to powdered Iron from Brownells and noticed huge improvements to my coating.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Just order the kit from shooter's solutions. The heavy duty manganese version kicks ass! It's jet black & easy to use.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Just to whom it may concern....I have a product my Dad's compnay makes as a conversion coating that I am going to test out...A conversion coating is a better way to prep for paint than parking.

·
Registered
46 Posts
speedfreak955 said:
Parking (not the kind with the girlfriend)
Does S. know about this girlfriend? :twisted:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Greentimber said:
Just order the kit from shooter's solutions. The heavy duty manganese version kicks ass! It's jet black & easy to use.
I think this is the route i am going to go, another "?", I have my disassebled reciever barrel etc. do i have to remove the bluing before this will work? if so what should i do to remove it , blast cabinet?

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Phoshoric

indy1 said:
I would like to park my AMD will this affect the rubber on the stock?
I am not sure but I don't think it will hurt it..
I would take a piece of rubber and put it in some phosphoric acid for a day and see if it eats it...
But I heard the Fal guys park theirs with the plastic knob on the charging handle unharmed all the time....
Remember always test before you put it on your work :grin:

·
Registered
130 Posts
The manganese from Palmetto Solutions did not damage the rubber but plate on the AMD or the rubber stopper on the Tantal SF.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
I did my friends AMD in the Brownells solution. No damage to any of the plastic parts. I do the same thing with several FAL parts that have plasitc on them. No issues

·
Registered
186 Posts
speedfreak955 said:
I have done a little , I was wondering If anyone had a set in stone recipe for jasco prep (phosphoric acid) manganese dioxide powder and water...
Thanks Speed
Use a whisky jigger of phosphoric acid and about 10 grams of Mn02 for enough solution to do one rifle. I've used the steel wool as the activator and found you need to increase the temp initially to dissolve it, then you get good results. But don't leave your rifle in there for 45min! teehee.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts