AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a Clayco underfolder at my dealer's shop and I thought they were all blued but this one looks parkerized. Refinished or something else? I had heard some of the Canadian underfolders from China were parkerized.

·
Registered
833 Posts
i never heard that....but ya never know.....

See what the markings are....... more then likely someone just parked it.........

Alot of these " bubba" jobs that we call them were done 25+ years ago when they werent thought of as " Collectibles" .......they were $2-$300 guns that were actually well used/enjoyed........
nobody would have thought twice back then for swapping out stocks and tossing originals, re-blue/park...etc.....

Depending on Price , still may be a good pick up......

Goodluck

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have it up for sale now actually, wanted to know if it was normal or not before listing it.

It has all the same basic markings of a regular Clayco import, even the warning on the dust cover. Can't find any signs of previous bluing but like ya said, I guess whoever owned it first parked it and the owner I bought it from got it that way.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Also odd, the barrel threads. I cant tell from your pics, is it a slant break? You should post of pic of the trunion markings too. :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bigsnoz said:
Also odd, the barrel threads. I cant tell from your pics, is it a slant break? You should post of pic of the trunion markings too. :)
The barrel is threaded. Right now it has a muzzle nut to protect it. Looks like it should accept most standard AK brakes and hiders. I can take a photo of the trunnion later tonight but there are no markings on it whatsoever from looking at it.

Is there a serial number range for these rifles?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Typically there is a slantbreak on the Clayco's.

I think 0-2000 or something like that. Not many. Mine is in the 1000's.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bigsnoz said:
Typically there is a slantbreak on the Clayco's.

I think 0-2000 or something like that. Not many. Mine is in the 1000's.
So there are 6 numbers on the rifle's serial. Which one is the one look at in terms of its production number?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bigsnoz said:
From everyone i have seen the SN go like this. 101234 (10xxxx).
If that's the case, then the rifle I have has a high number. It's in the 5000 range.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I had a Clayco fixed stock version a few years ago that was parkerized. I bought it from the owner of Vector Arms. I just assumed he had it parkerized there. It bugged me so bad I had to sell it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Farmer-Ted said:
I had a Clayco fixed stock version a few years ago that was parkerized. I bought it from the owner of Vector Arms. I just assumed he had it parkerized there. It bugged me so bad I had to sell it.
I think the parkerized Claycos are just a result of owners trying to keep the gun from rusting up. Everyone so far I've talked to has said the Clayco bluing wore fast and rusted like no other gun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts