AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sticky situation.

This girl i work with had me and another guy over to her downtown apartment the other night to drink a few beers. Now i have learned my lesson when it comes to trusting people but i made one possibly VITAL mistake.....

I had a picture of the VEPR at work to show a guy that owns some land(we plan to go shooting soon), and in the proccess of showing him, this girl comes up and sees my picture and i tell her about this sexy rifle.

I didn't think twice about it( people at work hear me and others debating 2nd amendment issues alot)

So, i am at this girls apartment and i am talking to this guy i am with, and she asks to see the pic of the VEPR...... she then shows her roommate... and i get ready for some usual antigun crap.. or the trusty "why do you need that?" B.S.

Long story short, i don't hear this girl and her roommate's(guy) conversation, but i do catch the tail-end of it.

The last thing she says to this guy(roommate) was something along the line.." just incase you need to know one day"

Upon arriving at the girl's apartment, and meeting her roommate, i slowly realized they were SHADY, thru the conversations we had and other stuff.

But when i caught the tail end of her conversation with this guy about the pic i had, and the fact i have guns(she doesn't know what or anything) i had one dominating thought:

This guy might be a thief

The only other options that i can come up with, unless i missed so much of their conversation that i am totally out of the ballpark, is that:

1. This guy might need to know about me and my gun ownership oneday, incase he needs to borrow one, or hire me a some tough guy...... which is laughable and absurd and can't possibly be an explanation for her comment.

2. She fears that i, having never shown any kind of temper or anything that could be percieved as a threat, might one day decide to go postal and go to work and go on a shooting rampage... and she needs her roomate to get involved and become an informant and point the police in the right direction. (I know, a way stupid stretch, but i am trying to think this through)

Those are the only things i can think of, and the only other reason i can think of that she would say what she said to her roommate is:

She wanted to give him a tip incase he ever wanted to know of a place to steal a gun.

I am going to confront her about it the next time she works.

If her reply isn't truthful, and i can tell she is covering something up, i thought about writing her roommate a letter.

Dear Gabe,

MOLON LABE.

-----Branden.

But i don't really know what i am going to do.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Carry on life in your normal way...Dont confront her about it. But the things you do need to do. Is not tell everyone in the world about your gun collection. This could result in many bad things such as, Break ins, Animosity at you for being a gun owner, and guys with wires hanging out of thier ears hanging around you. Make sure your house is secure. If you dont live in an apartment, you should have an alarm and all windows and doors should be locked. If you go out of the front door the rest of the doors should be locked with a lock that can not be opened from the outside, like a bar lock or atleast a chain lock. The door you use the most should have a good multi tumbler dead bolt lock on it. I can open cheap quickset locks in about 2 seconds with a lockpick. Just make sure your house is secure! DO they know where you live? You should remain vigilant at all times when driving, keep an eye out for people that may be following you, Cars setting on your road that you dont know. If you think they are casing you out. You can do a few things.
1 and probably the most logical would be call the cops and report suspicious behavior, preferably at a time when they can be caught, LIke if you leave your house and see the strange car that followed you home yesterday, setting 3 houses up from you. But you can't just call the cops and be like "I own a bunch of guns and someones stakeing out my house" That wont end up good, Dont even tell the cops that you have guns in your house. Tell them your a jeweler or something. But you have to do it when the cops can catch them.
2. Bait them to come into your house at a time when they think your not there. This is probably what I would do, Being a moron and all. Leave when you know they are watching you and park on the next road, run through the woods and go throught the back door. Then sit in the dark with a 12 guage. Wait till they get all the way into the house like in the middle or back room, then jack the pump. and ask em what the hell they are doing there. This will do soooo many things to them mentally and physically..BUT KNOW THIS, IF YOU DO THIS YOU BETTER BE PREPARED TO SHOOT THEM OF THEY MOVE" And you can have no fear in your voice. If you do it and they move and you hesitate to blast one of them your a dead man. After you have them unarmed and laying on the floor then call the cops, They WILL go to jail. as opposed to if the cops just catch them hanging around acting suspicious on your road they will just run them off.

G

·
Many people feel in a TSHTF situation they will just take other people's stuff. And... they will if the other people are not mentally and physically prepared to persuade them otherwise.

It seems to me if they are going to rob you one girl would be with you while her friends did the burglary. I guess they could drug you and kill you, but you better believe if they think you know they robbed you, they will have to kill you.

DUMP HER and lock your guns up, except for the one you are going to shoot them with which needs to be on you every time you enter your house. Don't let her criminal minded sweet talk fool you just because you want to get screwed. When it happens shoot the guy low in the gut. If he lives he will wear diapers the rest of his life. Practice in the mirror with a unloaded weapon. That's my .02 cents. MV out!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i confronted her the next day, to see the look in her eye and deduce from it the truth.

Well, i couldn't be sure what i saw, but i know that she got so offended and upset that either i was mistaken, or she was pissed that her plan was compromised. When i asked what the meaning of her comment to her roommate was, she gave a reason i had not thought of.

Whether she spoke the truth or not, she knows if my guns ever came up missing she and her roommate would be the first ones to mind.

I told her no one knows about me having guns, so no one, except her or her roommate would come looking.

I also told her that my privacy of my gun ownership is due to the fact that i don't want the FBI and the BATF coming around and having my name and checking out everyone that i know personally, especially the ones that have knowledge of my guns.

I explained to her i had been thru it before... i had worked at a sporting goods store and an employee, it turns out, decided to steal 4 rifles.... and i didnt want to go thru it again..... all the truth. I told her i was lucky at the time because i didn't even know the guy outside work, and i didn't own any gun, so my innocence of any kind of involvement was immediately seen.

She got the point, with the help of pictures swirling around in her mind of the FBI and ATF agents becoming a part of her life.

Well, gotta go to work.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Simple. Say...

"Whew... good he isn't planning on stealing it, because that is not only my assault rifle, it is my home defense weapon. Would really mess someone up if I had to empty a 30 round mag into them for trying to rob me. Anyway, have a nice day." :twisted:

·
Registered
621 Posts
I would just tell her, "Man, I would hate to be the one that gets caught with a stolen, illegal rifle. That would double suck. But for me it would be good, cause I would just tell em that it was legal when I had it, he must have done that afterwards" Or, "Man, I hope nobody steals the Dons gun he let me borrow. That could end up REAL bad, I mean come on whos dumb enough to steal from the mob man?"

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
762BODYDROPPER said:
I would just tell her, "Man, I would hate to be the one that gets caught with a stolen, illegal rifle. That would double suck. But for me it would be good, cause I would just tell em that it was legal when I had it, he must have done that afterwards" Or, "Man, I hope nobody steals the Dons gun he let me borrow. That could end up REAL bad, I mean come on whos dumb enough to steal from the mob man?"
Yeah, steal that and the Georgia VEPR mafia will come after you.

You never go against the VEPR family...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tell people that I have my house booby trapped with black powder and steel ballbearings.

Bigcheese :animak:

G

·
"So, i am at this girls apartment and i am talking to this guy i am with, and she asks to see the pic of the VEPR...... she then shows her roommate... and i get ready for some usual antigun crap.. or the trusty "why do you need that?" B.S.

Long story short, i don't hear this girl and her roommate's(guy) conversation, but i do catch the tail-end of it.

The last thing she says to this guy(roommate) was something along the line.." just incase you need to know one day"

Upon arriving at the girl's apartment, and meeting her roommate, i slowly realized they were SHADY, thru the conversations we had and other stuff. "

This whole thread bothers me. Why are you carrying around a picture of your VEPR, and then why are you showing it to people you work with? I keep my work people out of my business and personal life.

The other thing is figuring out this girl was "shady". If you walk around dog poop you are bound to step in it. I am not sure I would be thinking about getting some ass from a girl with a male roommate.

If you are going make friends with people like this, why be paranoid? Most crime is committed by a certain style of people and allot of it against people they know. I guarantee you there are no dirt-bags in my house and I never show non-gun-owners my guns. Think about it. MV out!

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
I bragged my head off after I got my Polytech...

But really, nobody knows when I am gone, and I have an Explorer sitting here so they would think someone is home. I keep it clean so they think it's being used. The house is brick and the front door is 2" thick solid wood. Locked.

I had several people ask to buy my AK, but none were "shady". I am respeted by the people I know, and being 6'3 and huge, I think most would be afraid of me gun or not.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the replies.

I am pretty sure that if her intentions were bad at first, she has thought thru them and decided against anything that will get her or her roommate up close and personal with the FBI or the ATF.

Thank you again.

P.S.......... :hail: VEPR K

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She said her roommate used to blackmarket guns and she thought she would tell him of my desire to own bad ass guns.. i might be a potential customer for him.

Too bad for him I wouldn't want to buy any illegal guns.... not worth the risk.

Anyway, she always said he was full of shit about alot of things, so i am sure he was full of shit about having access to illegal guns.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts