AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, my Midwest Industries mount is working fine (I milled off the back, then tightened the dickens out of it, ain't walking off YET after a couple hundred rounds).

But, I was listening and so the Yugo PAP siderail is the same as a SVD/PSL siderai? A normal AK mount sits too high and far back to use effectively. a PSL/SVD rail sits farther back/high as well? I really can't tell well by online photos and ain't seen any to look at in person and compare.

So if i wanted a POSP on my OPAP, I can get a posp say...6X42 then just order it with a SVD base instead of AK and eye relief "should" be pretty good?

THanks a bunch guys :grin: My Opap looks to be a good gun and I'd like to "sniperize it" :puke:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It will take the SVD mount, as long as it's not super low mount (like the BP-02 low picatinny SVD mount). AK mounts will clamp but does not push all the way in (due to the stop).

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool. thanks.

Looks like a 6X42D with a SVD mount just might be on the way :dance: Course I gotta paper it and see if it is actually good-shooting enough to be worthwhile :twisted:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts