AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of wolf ammo comes in the spam cans... I finally got the three I ordered from SG today, is it the laquer coated or the polymer? I dont want to open it yet, its my zombie stash :grin:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Go ahead and open it................then tell me whats in mine! :grin:

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Wanted to add my 2 cents on the spam cans....I think they are an inxpensive and effective way to store ammo for long periods of time. The flip side of that is that they are a PITA to open and there is a decent risk of cutting yourself(Don't ask how I know)

I think the accessibility of a ammo can with a lid outweighs any advantages the spam can may have in the long term....just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
So someone actually has 762 ammo??
I need some BAD for the store..............

·
Registered
551 Posts
1Gunner said:
you know it's the red sealant that causes the problem and not the green lacquer right?
interesting. I think Zhukov on ar15.com did a test with a blow torch on the laquered cases and even with the heat of the blow torch the laquer was not melting off. Putting to rest the whole ar15 side myth of the messy laquer causing jams.

But they come up with dumbass myths on a regular basis so no one on our side really cared :mrgreen:

on another note, have any of you shot Barnaul/Monarch 30.06 out of your Garands? It's a pretty decent price right now like $6 at the academy here for 20 rounds.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
JOHNO said:
Go ahead and open it................then tell me whats in mine! :grin:
[China man voice] Ohhh You sneaky round eye [China man voice]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts