AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I’ve noticed more and more Texas business posting the “No-carry” sign. This is unacceptable. Obviously these businesses’ primary concern is profit so we need to hit them with the ol’ invisible hand.

How can we attack their profits effectively when so many boycott participants would rather remain anonymous?

Let’s see some serious suggestions about how to deal with this challenge.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
If they're not displaying the proper state mandated signage then it's not an issue. I've only seen (1) sign that was correct. If they don't have the proper sign displayed then whatever they're displaying is meaningless as long as you remain properly concealed. I pay close attention to all of the signs because my G27 stays on me anytime I'm away from home. It's on my side as I type this from my desk at work :grin: .

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've only seen (1) sign that was correct.
They're popping up all over. Taco Cabana is one of the chains that has recently adopted the policy. I am sure more will follow if something doesn't keep them in check.

Folks in other areas are welcome to chime in on this. I see this eventually being an issue for CHL holders everywhere. Corporate chains are openly against our right to carry/defend.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Don’t patronize these businesses any longer and be sure to let them know why.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
DoubleTap said:
Don’t patronize these businesses any longer and be sure to let them know why.
+1

VCDL (www.vcdl.org) Makes little business cards that give a little blurb about CCW and why you are boycotting.

I use this

Dear Sir or Madame,

Attention has been brought to a situation that exits whereby the establishment owned, or operated, by your corporation located at

is posted or other wise notifies patrons that the lawful carry or possession of a firearm is prohibited by customers. While it is understood that the above mentioned establishment is private property and you are within your right to post or make such a notification, in doing so you alienate a large population of law abiding citizens and endanger them by taking away their ability to protect themselves and their family.

A patron has submitted the name and location of the business noted above to a national Internet database. This database is used as a reference by a vast number of legally armed persons as a clearinghouse with respect to those businesses that would ignore their Constitutional Rights. These customers may choose to boycott businesses that restrict their ability to protect themselves. In this day and age with businesses in constant competition, the loss of these customers and the negative image generated by this type of policy is imprudent.

This letter is being sent to afford you the opportunity to respond, and to re-evaluate the decision to restrict these customers’ rights. Holders of concealed firearms permits have submitted their fingerprints to both State and Federal Authorities. State Law Enforcement Agencies and the FBI have found their backgrounds and training to be sufficient to license them to carry a concealed weapon. How much do you know about the rest of your customers?

When considering such a policy, thought should be given to the unnecessary exposure to liability on the part of your company when you force a customer to leave his firearm in a vehicle in order to enter your establishment. This could expose that firearm to theft and allow that firearm to be used in a crime, possibly against a business like yours. You should also consider the liability to your company if in the event the customer is injured or killed as a result of a crime being perpetrated against the customer while on your property, when being lawfully armed would have prevented such an occurrence.

Thank you for your consideration

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Ive used this in the past as well

·
Registered
215 Posts
I noticed a sign at a "Champ's" sports bar here in Denver the other night. Big brass sign next to the door saying "No firearms allowed on the premises". I saw that and left in disgust, no way I'm spending my money on a steak at their place. The good news is that they cannot legally prevent me from carrying on their property but they can ask me to leave if they know of the weapon, and can charge my with trespassing if I don't, that is the law in Colorado.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I think a big sticker below the sign might make the point too -

Sheep Ready for Shearing Inside!

In other words point out to the patrons that they are being made less safe, not more.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
decodeddiesel said:
I noticed a sign at a "Champ's" sports bar here in Denver the other night. Big brass sign next to the door saying "No firearms allowed on the premises". I saw that and left in disgust, no way I'm spending my money on a steak at their place. The good news is that they cannot legally prevent me from carrying on their property but they can ask me to leave if they know of the weapon, and can charge my with trespassing if I don't, that is the law in Colorado.
That's a given here in Ohio, as CCW holders are not permitted in bars anyway.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I think a form letter sent out anytime you make a purchase elswhere stating why you bought the item at some other store might work. If they started getting enough of those I think it might have an effect. If they got 2-3 thousand letters a month, someone would notice. Theres probably a market for postcards with this info on them. Something like "Since you dont want my business, I bought blank from blank for blank and you lost the sale. Please reconsider you CCW policy."

·
Registered
544 Posts
I don't really understand how 2A become invalid simply by posting a sign. If a criminal were arrested on the same property his rights wouldn't be invalid simply because the owners posted a sign "No Miranda Permitted."

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Might want to correctly spell "committed" before using it though. Else all positive intent could be ignored.

The govt. should not be able to infringe on your 2A (or any other) fundamental rights but it is about the wishes of private property owners in the case of businesses. I respect those wishes, however I would still carry concealed into the establishment, and would leave if I were found out. Simple as that. The situation only becomes a matter for dot gov if you are asked to leave and do not, which would then be trespassing.

This is how it is done in some states, and that is the way it should be done if the dot gov were run using common sense.

Your other option would be the traditional boycott, but it is impossible to boycott effectively in this day and age. If you choose to not support one business/product, you are most likely still supporting the company overall unawares by being a consumer in other goods and services. The major corporations are involved in everything, they'll get your money somehow, and there is nothing you can do about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts