AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your wife buys you power tools!
Donna got this for me yesterday. I've had a lot of trouble walking well enough to even cut just the back yard this year. Damn hip gets to feeling like it is full of gravel. This'll be a big help. I'm very impressed with the bagging system. Fills up kinda fast. But very easy to use. It really cleans up the yard too! I can use this instead of raking.

·
Super Moderator
26,318 Posts
Damn Rich, that did not come cheap! I'm guessing you have a good size yard then?

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Our yard is pie shaped. Pretty big in the back. Small out front. As a younger man, (Bought this place when I was 27. I'm 52 now.) I would run behind a push mower to cut it. Had a little 18" cut Kubota trim mower for 17 years. I've slowed down a lot since getting my legs whacked back in '95. Had to give up on that last year and got a nice Toro 22" self propelled mower. That helped, but not enough. Started talking about getting a riding mower this Fall. Our yard is about 1/3 acre.

I was lifting 40# bags of clippings yesterday, a 5 gallon gas can. Wasn't too bad. I didn't strain anything, but I did have to take a break every couple hours. Pine needles were so thick out back I could have ploughed them up! I was quite tired last night, but no pains from straining anything. It has soft tires and a good seat that is well sprung. Rides OK. I put it in 3rd gear and goes maybe 1.5 mph.

It cost her $750 delivered. But it came from a real shop and has a good warranty. The guy went through it very well before selling it. He also builds competitive dragsters out of these things. Last one made 80 Hp! The young man impressed me. It was a fair buy. We could have gotten a beat up one for $350 from a private seller. But then I'd have to do all the work on it!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Not married but shared incomes and a burial plot together next to her deceased husband :eek: Still waiting for the the hunters cabbed orv! :cool:

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We've ben together as a couple for 33 years now. I consider myself a very lucky guy.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
My brother has one, he says they have a good guarantee.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Got rain and cold coming in to the area. Fall is over! I split my cycle ramp into two pieces, propped up the rear of my 6 x 10' enclosed trailer with a jack stand, set up the ramps and drove the tractor up into the trailer. had enough room that I left the bagger attached! Put a good preservative in the fuel too. I'll put a battery tender on it and it'll be good 'till Spring. I hate winter, but we had a pretty good run of weather until this week.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Mine just ordered a case of GT for me from SGammo so I know what you mean...Had that same mower model type for about 10yrs. now and it's still going. Congrats.

ETA: Sidecar, that model should have mulching blades with it so you really don't have to bag the clippings if you don't want to. As long as the grass doesn't get away from you it shouldn't leave much of anything behind in the way of clippings.

·
Banned
950 Posts
My wife has no idea what toys I own and it creates animosity and tension between us. I plan on getting a new wife in the future.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts