AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where are some good places you guys know of to find retro ar stuff? I got a build in the works and was wondering who has the quality goods!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
i would like to know where i can find the hardware for regular buttstocks.......

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Check out ARFCOM in the Equipment Exchange section/forum. They usually have lots of retro equipment to sell there.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
been looking at them pretty hard and will probably be purchasing one! a buddy of mine hooked me up with a sweet retro slickside upper and I feel obligated to do it right and get a proper lower. he pointed me to moores militaria and they have some awesome stuff. Has any one used the a1 style barrels from sarco? was looking at them too.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have some early and late AR retro US GI safety's for sale. I also have some Colt FCG groups for sale. PM me for pics and prices. Be sure to include an e-mail address where I can send the pics.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Bingo said:
. Be sure to include an e-mail address where I can send the pics.
Just post them in the PM

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looking to build an early m-16 clone(early as in issued with no foreward assist, triangular handgaurds, 3prong). I shot redjackets retro m-16 at both his birthday bash shoots and just love the gun! dang your m-16 will!! :grin:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
strfy, I ordered from them a feew months ago. They're still there and they're good to deal with.

Lump

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
There not cheap, but ther M16A1 furniture look Awesome

·
Registered
949 Posts
I've ordered from both. The prices have gone up a bit on uscorereplicas. I ordered an A1 buttstock and triangle guards and was very pleased. True vintage and in excellent condition.

Lump

·
Registered
949 Posts
I initially ordered the barrel assembly from Sarco, but at the time they were backorderd. They have them now. I found mine at a gunshow. Think I paid $150 for it. It's made by Colt. I pretty much scoured the show and got a lot of the misc parts like gas tube, delta ring, barrel nut and bolt/carrier.

To the discerning eye, it's not a true A1 clone. A1's didn't have a shell deflector or delta ring. If anyone knows where I can find a correct ring, I'd love to get one. Also, the mag isn't correct, but I do have straight 20 rounders for it and a NOS nylon sling.

Lump

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
heres my starting point!

I do plan on scouring the gunshows for parts, the ones here usually have a few big tables of ar stuff and one guy usually has a wide range of parts.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yup, match that with a NDS lower and you'll have a great start on an SP1.

I like the fact you can assemble them at the kitchen table!

Lump

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my freakin olympic target model has been torn down and rebuilt at the kitchen table so many times, it should have its own placemat! :lol: now i have a mancave so I have a spot to do this stuff! :dance:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts