AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading to Panama City Beach (yes, I know..the redneck riviera) and need a book for the beach.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Shooter by Gunnery Sgt Jack Coughlin. About his experiences as a sniper during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Copyrighted in 2005, so is recent.

On Combat by Lt.Col. Dave Grossman. About what really happens, mentally & physically, to you during times of ultimate severe stress. Everyone ought to read it, esp. military & police. Survivng the gunfight physically won't matter if you don't survive it mentally afterward.

·
Super Moderator
25,842 Posts
Point of Impact by Stephan Hunter. Forget you ever saw the movie.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
one soldiers war

its about Russians in Chechnya just translated this year i think

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
JoeMomma said:
Right on to that! Hunter is my favorite fiction writer.I have read every book he has written. Books written by a gun guy for gun guys.
JoeMamma check out "Pale Horse Coming" a fantastic read! Man I couldn't put it down. " The Day Before Midnight" is an awesome novel also.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/h/stephen-hunter/

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
CIA: Secrets of "The Company" by Mick Farren - pretty crazy stuff in there, some downright bizarre.

Hold on, doorbell ringing...

·
Registered
710 Posts
Deep Survival by Lawrence Gonzales. "Who lives, who dies and why" An awesome book with intense survival stories broken down to the core. Worth a look for sure... happy reading! Also check out World War Z for shit's sake!

·
Super Moderator
25,842 Posts
k98k792 said:
JoeMomma said:
Right on to that! Hunter is my favorite fiction writer.I have read every book he has written. Books written by a gun guy for gun guys.
JoeMamma check out "Pale Horse Coming" a fantastic read! Man I couldn't put it down. " The Day Before Midnight" is an awesome novel also.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/h/stephen-hunter/
I"ll do that, thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Just finished "On Killing" and "1984."

Working on "The Divine Comedy" right now.

·
Registered
504 Posts
TheRoad by Cormack McCarthy. You should be able to finish it during vacation.

Let's see.. it's got an end of the world setting, some survival scenarios and a roving group of.......

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
My Jihad by Aukai Collins - while I personally disagree with his choices in life, the book is a very good read. Great book, IMO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts