AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my A3O3 issue fixed, and headed out to the range. Greek ammo, 100 at 100M...final five were decent, but I pulled one :roll:

Inland Carbine I picked up for $400 a few years ago. The ammo was WWII vintage Western that was stored VERY badly. Still at 100M, not too bad when it was zeroed.

·
Super Moderator
25,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An interesting sidenote; one mag for the carbine was still loaded with the original rounds from WWII my Grandpa carried. Someone left another target up , and 5 out of 8 were in the head! Not bad for ammo that looked like shit, and a clip that had remained loaded for over 60 years.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Nice C-stock 03A3. That's pretty unusual to see a C-stock on an A3. Any arsenal marks/stamps on it?

-Thirtycal

·
Registered
696 Posts
JoeMomma said:
An interesting sidenote; one mag for the carbine was still loaded with the original rounds from WWII my Grandpa carried. Someone left another target up , and 5 out of 8 were in the head! Not bad for ammo that looked like shit, and a clip that had remained loaded for over 60 years.
So, how long can you leave a mag loaded and still have it work???

Spooky

·
Super Moderator
25,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thirtycal said:
Nice C-stock 03A3. That's pretty unusual to see a C-stock on an A3. Any arsenal marks/stamps on it?

-Thirtycal
I bought the rifle in 03 from CMP, but the stock was wasted. So I looked around, and found an original that needed some loving, and had it put on by my smith, who also replaced the 2 groove barrel with a brand new military issue 4 groove from 1944. No stamps at all, but its a great stock!

·
Super Moderator
25,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spooky130 said:
JoeMomma said:

Spooky
I don"t leave mags loaded. The pistols I keep loaded in the house get rotated about once a month. Some people have left mags loaded for 20 years or more with no issues.
If I have to keep 14 mags or more loaded, its because I"ve deployed, or there is a real problem where I live with zombies ect. :wink:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I use to collect M1 carbines......had several folders too!!

·
Super Moderator
25,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
command450 said:
I would LOVE to get my hands on an original folding stock...but most asking prices are just too much IMO.
Anyone ever used the ones SG has? Are they any good?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Spooky130 said:
JoeMomma said:

Spooky
forever - give or take a century

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... i_99130369

neat rifles joe

·
Registered
261 Posts
JoeMomma said:
command450 said:
I would LOVE to get my hands on an original folding stock...but most asking prices are just too much IMO.
Anyone ever used the ones SG has? Are they any good?

my pops has one, but your right,he would want a bunch for it, cause its a original one.

have to watch out for the fake ones. you can find repos for much less though, or atleast they use to be around years ago. I dont know if they are out there nowadays.

I had one that was %100 percent straight. all of them originally were inland only, and fell into a certain serial number range too, and correct ones had early style parts, like the rear sight,cover,slide and the rest. It was mint,very cool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts