AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about knives. The cry baby Brits have this gov't sponsored "public safety" website... What a freaking joke.

"The chances are your child has talked about knives with friends or heard a story about the kid who carried a knife..."

http://campaigns.direct.gov.uk/talkaboutknives/

What kind of whining pu$$y BS is this? My son carries a knife wherever he goes. I actually encourage it. He was always asking to borrow mine so I tell him to carry his own. He just turned 13. I'm pretty sure he can handle a pocket knife safely...

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
HAHA, That reminds me of those cheesy war on drugs propaganda commercials from the 90s.

Dad find pot in son's room: "Where did you learn this from?"
Son in sobbing tone: "From YOU dad !"

Except of course in England it's a knife.
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
CGSteve said:
HAHA, That reminds me of those cheesy war on drugs propaganda commercials from the 90s.

Robot Chicken did a spoof of that, had a boy sitting on his bed wearing a dress, dad sitting next to him. Kid just says "From YOU, all right? I learned it by watching YOU!!"

:lol:

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I know it sounds 'weak" but London is having major problems with their youth killing each other with knifes. I was with British troops for a few weeks a couple months ago and within those two weeks I saw on the BBC news that there where 4 to 5 deaths on the streets and knifes were used. Many kids carry them but not for use as a tool but as a weapon. There is a difference, I'm sure you'll agree. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
26,417 Posts
When they ban knives, people will use scissors. When they ban those...its back to pointed sticks, and harsh language. :grin:

·
Registered
170 Posts
There gonna turn Britain into a prison state soon. They'll be making shanks out of razors and toothbrushes. If they hadn't banned guns they'd be using those. It's a cultural issue they need to look at not the weapons they use.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
INFANTRY said:
..Many kids carry them but not for use as a tool but as a weapon. There is a difference, I'm sure you'll agree. :wink:
I can agree but only to a certain extent. Afterall ANYTHING can be used as a weapon. Maybe they'll ban forks next :neutral:

run n gun said:
There gonna turn Britain into a prison state soon. They'll be making shanks out of razors and toothbrushes. If they hadn't banned guns they'd be using those. It's a cultural issue they need to look at not the weapons they use.
+1

·
Registered
170 Posts
thanks, its the same argument we make here in the states. Don't the anti's just love to say "stop the violence, ban guns!" ? It's culture culture culture here and everywhere. Guns don't kill people, people kill people

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't get the arguements, why is talking to your kid about being responsible with a knife a bad thing. And then there are those kids that don't need to have even a sharped pencil let alone a knife and especially not in school.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
The kid listens ,and talks to a potted plant "his mum" ,and they are worried about him packing a knife? First they should try to get him off whatever hallucingentic drugs he is on !
just kidding :grin:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ChillyWilly said:
I don't get the arguements, why is talking to your kid about being responsible with a knife a bad thing. And then there are those kids that don't need to have even a sharped pencil let alone a knife and especially not in school.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with talking to your kid about the responsibility of a knife. When I was a kid, the 1st pocket knife was like a right of passage or something. My grandfather gave me my 1st pocket knife.

The problem I have (as everybody else here probably does too) is the fact that the wussified Brit nanny state is issuing what amount to basically a PSA regarding how bad knives are... What BS... The 1st paragraph on the website says "Your kid may be talking about knives with his friends..." WTF? Who cares? I'd much rather my son be talking about knives and guns and hunting etc with his friends than discussing how to get into the neighbor girls pants or how to roll the perfect doobie...

Rant Off :wink:

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Armed Ferret said:
CGSteve said:

Robot Chicken did a spoof of that, had a boy sitting on his bed wearing a dress, dad sitting next to him. Kid just says "From YOU, all right? I learned it by watching YOU!!"

Scrubs also did a spoof of it, where JD says something about hoping his "coffee addiction" didnt come back to haunt him one day, and it cuts to the future where he's looking under his son's bed and finds a coffee pot and his son walks in. JD then says "Who taught you how to use this??" and his son replies "YOU!! I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU!!" and storms off.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
ChillyWilly said:
The argument from people who understand responsibility from the very start is that this is already too late, and is a meaningless gesture.

It is not about teaching responsibility with a knife; it is, and was about teaching responsibility period. Knives are illegal and banned over there so you could just say by merely having one, it is being irresponsible.

It got to that point because they foolishly believed that the crime and violence would stop if they banned and removed all firearms. Yeah, crime and violence using firearms have gone down...but now the item primarily used are knives. Just like here at home, no one thinks and takes a look at what is making kids, or adults for that matter join gangs, rob, steal, etc.

Just like here, the government which is supposed to have a responsibility to the people in preventing/"solving" the larger social issues that are behind crime have failed.

In terms of responsibility, the govt. has failed the people, and the people are failing each other. Anyone (parents especially) with a shred of common sense knows not to go around stabbing people. Therefore, an ad that says "talk to your kid about knives" is utterly meaningless and ultimately, amusing.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
run n gun said:

That's not gonna work Man. They don't use tooth brushes over there.
Haven't you seen the Austin Powers movies? :grin:

·
Registered
446 Posts
yep my dad got me my own knife when i was 8. got tired of me bummin' his and breakin' blades and what not. my son has had his own since he was 7 or 8 and he's been field dressin' his own deer since he was 12. the only place he is not allowed to pack it is school. and he respects the rules. this world has way to many candy ass liberal bullshit rules. nothin wrong with a kid packin' a knife as long as they follow the saftey rules.

·
Registered
446 Posts
run n gun said:

there is iron in your words pale face!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tx Dogblaster said:
[quote="ChillyWilly" I'd much rather my son be talking about knives and guns and hunting etc with his friends than discussing how to get into the neighbor girls pants or how to roll the perfect doobie...
What makes you think he doesn't talk about those things too?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Like I read here in another post one time....

"Why dont they just ban violence?"

:dance:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maljunulo said:
What makes you think he doesn't talk about those things too?
Because I know my son and the moral values that are instilled in him daily since he was born. Those things are not even on his mind. Not to brag but my son has a higher moral standard than 99.9% of the adults that I know (including my self)... It's ALL about the upbringing and the influences that are allowed into their lives...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts