AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I’m a little late to the game with this one but these little Sig’s have really piqued my interest. Can anyone tell me a little bit about them? What about CCW? Anyone have them in stock?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I don't own one, and the reports are varying on the fit and finish. I'm not a Sig guy, so I wouldn't know.

Do a search, there was a P6 thread here not too long ago.

ETA: A quick check on GB shows a lot of them for sale.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
These are basically P225's in 9mm. They were West German police issue weapons that are now being sold as surplus. From what I heard, these were carried much more than they were shot. Should be good serviceable handguns with some finish wear. I have not shot any P6's but have been a SIG P226 owner for 20 years. SIG handguns are among my favorites and I wouldn't trade my P226 for anything.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I owned a Sig P6/225 for about six years and it was a great shooter. I never had any problems with it, but i too upgraded to the Sig P-228. I just saw an add in SGN and a company had them for sale for arround $300 bucks. That is a good buy, I paid $450 for a used one back in 1994.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Well I went to a gun-show with every intention of buying one, I saw it, its a really nice gun. Finish was to be expected for a Mil-Surp gun

NO I DID NOT BUY IT! Nor do I plan to.

Reason I didnt buy it.........I tried 3 times to close the slide with out looking at the gun, every time I hit the hammer drop safty. See in every other gun the controls are in the same places. That is execpt for the SIG, their controls are in the wrong spots (to me and my 1911 brain)

But to a person that lives by the SIG, then yes its a great gun, But I live by the 1911 and the CZ 75. The Sig is just not user friendly for me

If your a fan of SIG, and like them, then yes its a good gun for you, just not for me.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I got one. I paid $270 plus shipping for mine from Centerfire.
Mine came really nice with just some wear one the slide from being toted in the holster. The gun is sweet and for $270 you can't go wrong (comes with a holster and 2 mags). Mine came with the police test target and a shot log.

It is not the lightest gun, not the smallest gun and not the gun with the most firepower (compared to double stackers and such), but for your $270 you are getting a well made West German built firearm. The trigger on mine is sweet and the decocker is a non issue if you pay attention.

This make a great car gun or house gun. Extra mags can be had for about $25 from a variety of places. It will use the same holster as the P229 or P228. The one I got was a left handed unifrom holster, so anyone that is a lefty that gets a righty holster, let me know I will swap ya.

I don't carry mine, but see no reason that you couldn't. I have an Astra A-75 that is basically the same gun except with a steel frame and slide that I used to carry alot but stopped when I got something lighter. That Astra was HEAVY, so I imagine that the Sig will carry a alot better. I carried my Astra IWB and it fit just fine. A leather holster rather than nylon will help distribute the weight better.

The grips on my gun are rubber/plastic, but I have seen some thin wood ones made that make the gun a little easier to carry.

Hope this helps, but for under $300 you really cannot go wrong.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I love mine. I paid 375 for mine including 1000 rounds of 9mm ammo and a Blackhawk quick release holster and some sort of glow in the dark sights.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
With transfer and everything mine $290 cant beat that price for a sig. Its real accurate fairly light but i dont like thats a single stack 9mm. BUt for the price you cant beat it..

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
One of the best bargains in the marketplace right now on a formerly hard to find, very expensive German firearm. Everyone should have one and if your messed up in the head maybe two or three......... :goof:

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Does anyone know who has them in stock? I'm on Centerfire's back order list but we know how they can be . . .

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Fury_58 said:
Does anyone know who has them in stock? I'm on Centerfire's back order list but we know how they can be . . .
You can call up and be on AIM's backorder list! :lol:

They're even $10 cheaper.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Tomovich said:
One of the best bargains in the marketplace right now on a formerly hard to find, very expensive German firearm. Everyone should have one and if your messed up in the head maybe two or three......... :goof:
Guess I'm messed up in the head. (already knew that :wink: ) I bought one, and liked it so much I bought a second. Great quality, reliable, fun, low price.

·
Registered
192 Posts
While they are cool and all, I really can't justify the need/want for one.
At the first gun shop I worked in, I had one on hold for like 6 months
(P6 slide/Barrel) than took it off.

At the shop I currently work at, I had a MINTY one on hold('02 dated/
P225 Slide/P225 barrel) for three months. Just gave it up 3 days ago.

Why? I have four P226 9mms and I carry one daily at work and for CCW.
I've got no problems concealing a full size 226 in a Comp-Tac MTAC IWB
comfortably and really didn't notice that much of a size difference. Plus, I
didn't really want to step down to 8 rounds of 9 mil.

With that said, they are great shooting pistols.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I love mine! I love my Hi Power more, but the Sig is still a great gun!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts