AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess yous guys know by now I am a Chinese AK Freak, well I recently picked up one of the Model 982 Shotguns. I must say, I am pretty impressed with it. The quality is every bit of my sons' express model. I am thinking about getting the Wilson 1 shot extension tube...any body else had any experience with these?

·
Registered
839 Posts
WhiteRabbit said:
I want to get their copy of the Model 97 trench gun for home defense.
At the shop that I used to work at we sold a few of them, they are pretty good guns. The wood is a litle bit yuck, but all in all they are prettty good..

At that same shop we used to call them "Chinchesters"... :mrgreen:

On a side note I would shoot one of these "hard" at a range somewhere if you can before you buy one . They are cool, but when shooting them under "stress" they can really bite your hand/wrist with the sction slide.. (I've done it a couple times :eek: )

I myself have been kinda interested in one of the Ithaca 37 type "combat" copies...

--->APB

·
Registered
897 Posts
I want to get one of their lever action 12 gauges, the 1887 Chinchester. :)

Coyote Cap works them over, makes them slicker than melted butter. Someday...

The 1887 is the same one used in the Terminator movie.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I have that same gun, and I love the hell out of it.

It didn't cost a lot, but it's handy and I was damn happy with the quality, considering they don't cost that much.

·
Registered
67 Posts
WhiteRabbit said:
I want to get their copy of the Model 97 trench gun for home defense.
i have the riot gun version.
it's a real blast. work every time. has no disconnector so you can just pump right through the magazine.
they're pretty rough when new, but just using it a few times it smoothes out ok, a fluff & buff would make it super smooth.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have one of the Chinese 97 trench guns. It's not Winchester quality, but it's a decent fun gun. I patterned it with slugs and buck and the front bead sight, even though slightly off to one side visually, was dead on. With an Enfiled 1917 bayonet fixed the gun shot high. I would have thought lower, but that's not what happened.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
The 1897 riot shotgun is one thing I'm not ashamed to own that was made in China.

Remington 870's are probably better for a variety of reasons, but they aren't as cool looking.

·
Registered
897 Posts
The Norinco 1911 is one of the strongest out there. It is one of the few frames and slides recommended for 50 caliber conversions (50 gi?). They use a really good steel on them.

A lot of gun smiths don't like working on them because the steel is so hard and has a tendency to eat up the cutting bits on their milling machines.

·
Registered
750 Posts
My buddy has a norinco shotgun just like the one above and is getting ready to sell it. What are those going for these days?

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have about $160 in mine, they were on sale a couple weeks back.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is an exact clone of the 870, except the mag tube is longer. All parts, and after market parts will interchange, except for the barrel....reason being the mag tube length. I have ordered a Wilson Combat 1 shot extension, bringing the tube and barrel length equal. You can pick one up for under $200 on Gunbroker.

·
Registered
900 Posts
A lot of gun smiths don't like working on them because the steel is so hard and has a tendency to eat up the cutting bits on their milling machines.
Got that right: that Norinco slide is one hard piece of steel. :shock:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I love my Norinco 37S. Its the Ithica 37 clone. Steel receiver and bottom eject. Very smooth once broken in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts