AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each of my kids has at least one handgun that I've given them (if you've read my other posts you know that I do all gun related stuff in 3s, 2 sons, 1 daughter). anyway - I gave her a Makarov in .380 to keep at her house, she shoots accurately with it at up to 50 yds but has trouble pulling the slide back quickly. My wife has a Kahr K9 that works well for her but they're a little spendy. of course Chelsea, daughter, wants a Glock but I'm a High Power guy. so what would you recommend in a semi auto that's not too spendy 'cause I've got 2 AKs and an STG58 that need to get built this fall. thanks for the suggestions. (and I'm now officially over 50 posts and have bought 2 kits from members so I should qualify for the rec room? right? lol)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Have you looked at the High Power clones? They would probably fit her hand better than a Glock too.
You may also want to look into a S&W Sigma--the one with the accessory rail. Those have a good reputation compared to the prior model.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Bersa Thunder .380 $250. Or that new Ruger .380

Reliable, accurate.

Lump

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the Bersa .380 looks just about right. decent price too. thank you.

·
Banned
698 Posts
Yeah, surplus P225/P6. A very fine pistol indeed at a bargain of a price.

It's a "good ole day" event still going on.

·
Banned
636 Posts
If she's having trouble racking the slide on a Makarov, she needs to work on her hand/wrist strength and learn the "push/pull" method of racking the slide.

·
Registered
839 Posts
CZ-75 compact

--->APB

·
Registered
634 Posts
+1 on the CW9. If you are gonna give her something, give her the best you can. I also think the P6/P225 is a great bargain buy these days.

-Cabby

·
Registered
276 Posts
I can personally second the Sig P-6 from CFS.. Great pistol at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Lumpy said:
Bersa Thunder .380 $250. Or that new Ruger .380

Reliable, accurate.

Lump
I've got a Bersa T' .380, never had any problems with it. Decent gun, good size and good value.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
You would be hard pressed to find a better suited pistol for anyone than a Glock 19. You might also want to check out the Smith and Wesson M&P.

·
Registered
21,887 Posts
Hi-point 9mm

Raven .25

:peep:

·
Registered
868 Posts
pistol choice.

I looked around when getting a pistol for a family member that is a small framed female and settled on the Bursa Thunder.
Bursa Thunder in .380 had the most manageable slide action (I could work the slide with two fingers).

On the other hand, I have a friend who is an ex- Ranger and he can shoot anything but his Hi-Point is his favorite as far as control and the ability to put the rounds in a group the size of a quarter.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts