AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assembled my first AR today. It's an M4 kit from Rguns on a Rguns lower. Went together easy but the rear sight is way too low. What is a good rear sight for an assembly such as this? (note I'm not calling it a build) May the AK gods not smite me for my deeds!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Alright you did it, you are out of the club. :nutkick: You are now a AR fan boy, next step is to mall ninji. Good luck with that.

Just kidding nothing wrong with the AR everyone needs one or two they are a fun little gun. Plus you can do what I did with one of mine trade it to some ARFCOM dumbass who got a NIB pre-ban Norinco from his dead uncle and thought he was getting a good trade for my used DPMS because WASR's were only $499 and all AK's are the same. Everyone love a moron.

As for your sight what do you have on there now. I assume you have a triangle front sight and a flat top upper sence you said a M4 build. Do you plan on running a reddot or just irons?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably get an Eotech or Acog eventually

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It's addicting, it's simple, it's simple, it's addicting. Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Is the front site marked with an F ? That is the proper front site for a flat top AR.

·
Banned
950 Posts
Just don't be that 350 lb dude who snubs AK's and says, "I don't like AK's, they just aren't tactically ergonomic enough", all while carrying a plate full of grilled hotdogs past a half starved **** hound.

This actually happened within the last two months at a "shoot and meet" from another board where I brought my AK 74 and several people were asking about it. FYI- I gave my grilled steak to the starved coonhound because I figure he needed it.

7n6

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't worry, I have about 20+ AK's of various calibers and one AR. Just got the AR just to have one.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Congrats on your 'assembling'.

Some description or pictures of what your sights are like now would help to diagnose the problem.

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
Congrats. The AR is quickly becoming "America's Rifle"...surpassing the M1 Garand. Everyone needs at least one.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
If you do not want the AK gods to smite you, send me your AK's and I will make an offering in your name to the AK gods. Just looking out for an AK brother.

·
Super Moderator
26,318 Posts
Probably get an Eotech or Acog eventually
Out of those 2 choices, I would go with an ACOG. You might also consider an Aimpoint. Congrats on the AR, they are great rifles!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I just snagged me a bushmaster XM15-E2S with a 14" barrel and a phantom flash hider. It will be the baby bro to my full size, "let me introduce you to my little friend" bigger bro.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts