AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Banned
4,281 Posts
interesting, big questions are 1) will it work? if indeed it goes on the market. I will wait until the reviews are in. not from manufaturer or vendors, that will be peddling them. we all know thay they will be glorifying them, but from real people on this board that have zero connection with the making and peddling of them.

2) what will be the price.

call me skeptical, but I put zero faith in anything new that comes on the market. I can wait, before I spend my money on something that sounds good, but doesn't work.

· Registered
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Magpul generally makes good poop. Price? Well a double stack P-Mag is 13 bucks, so a quad stack should be $26. :goof:

The cats at M4C will do a fine job of T&E. I await it's release.

· Super Moderator
10,195 Posts
jeremy2171 said:
ironeagle16 said:
wish they would make an ak one instead.
They just might....
Highly doubt it. MAGPUL has repeatedly state over the years they have no desire to enter the AK product market. If I was running MAGPUL and was where they are currently at as a business, I would not enter the AK product market either. The AK market is a fickle one that ebbs and flows with no regularity to do any longer term planning IMHO.

I would not read too much into anything if they actually bought the AK quad stack mag to reverse engineer for their mag.

· Super Moderator
26,840 Posts
I"m looking forward to a review when these come out. Provided they work, I"d love to have a few.

· Registered
11,464 Posts
saern said:
that an the ak market will rip apart pos product whilst ar sites forbid you to call a turd a turd.

That has nothing to do with it, the AR market calls turds "turds" as well. Go to M4Carbine, people get called out on their airsoft-quality gear (in a civil manner) when they have it.

The AR-15 requires no steel inserts. The AK does. Magpul does not want to mess with stamping or casting or machining steel parts, they buy steel and mold their plastic. Inserts would be a waste of time and money, especially for such a cheap market. People whine about pricing all the time, AR guys will buy for quality.

· Premium Member
4,327 Posts
tag (my subscribe button not working for some reason)

· Super Moderator
26,840 Posts
I wonder what they will charge for one of these? I"m betting $100-$150 each, or if we get really lucky...under $100.

· Registered
482 Posts
Here are some pictures of the Russian mag and you can see why it wasn't too popular.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.