AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is getting a new car. Her money . She wanted me to check out the Fusion V6 for her. Yall have any take on this vehicle. Thanks WarDawg

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
You mean besides it being a Ford?? :wink:

·
Registered
839 Posts
My brother is a Ford master mechanic, he is looking into getting one. He has not had any come through the repair shop with any "real" issues. of corse like all other brands little things come up but they are of the 30 miniute fix type thing.

They are a solid car, and are pretty nice. My brothers and my only criticism is that the V6 All wheel drive, and regular V6 models do not come available with a standard or manual transmission..

If it dosn't hav a stick we aint interested...

All in all they are good cars..

--->APB

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Search the net for info and the latest Technical Service Bulletins (TSB's) on it.
I'm a GMC/Chevrolet guy so I don't know much about them.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Re: OT .. Ford Fusion. does it have any issues ?

WarDawg said:
My wife is getting a new car. Her money . She wanted me to check out the Fusion V6 for her. Yall have any take on this vehicle. Thanks WarDawg
I've had them for rentals, both 4-cyl. & 6-cyl. The 6-cyl definitely had more grunt but not tremendously so. In other words, the mileage trade-off might not seem worth it over the 4-cyl. for a little more speed off the line. You might suggest she drive both before buying.

Also, I like the base trim in 4-cyl. over the deluxe trim in the 6-cyl. The deluxe trim had fake carbon fiber and looked cheap. The base trim was just matte charcoal gray. Not exciting but not bad either. It didn't look out of place. The Fusion drives great, either version, and is very comfortable. It also handles & stops well. I could easily live with one. (I am normally a VW guy & have had 9 of those.)

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I had one for a rental while my car was getting hail damage repaired.

It was free (thanks to insurance), and i still detested it. The steering was clunky and unresponsive, it had about the same acceleration as my 1986 ford tempo i had in high school, and the brakes faded horribly in stop-and-go traffic in Omaha and I was forced to take the curb twice to avoid rear-ending someone.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Armed Ferret said:
I had one for a rental while my car was getting hail damage repaired.

It was free (thanks to insurance), and i still detested it. The steering was clunky and unresponsive, it had about the same acceleration as my 1986 ford tempo i had in high school, and the brakes faded horribly in stop-and-go traffic in Omaha and I was forced to take the curb twice to avoid rear-ending someone.
Wow! What is your normal daily driver? A Porsche with huge Brembos on it? :grin:

Just teasing with you!

T :wink:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We just got back from the Ford/ Toyota, Honda dealerships. She is hooked on the Accord V6 . Not to bad at around 30 MPG . But the price of the car is up there. It's got alot of the bells and gadgets though . I'm going to dig deeper for her . Thanks for yalls replys, WarDawg

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
WarDawg said:
We just got back from the Ford/ Toyota, Honda dealerships. She is hooked on the Accord V6 . Not to bad at around 30 MPG . But the price of the car is up there. It's got alot of the bells and gadgets though . I'm going to dig deeper for her . Thanks for yalls replys, WarDawg
Have her go drive a Subaru! They run forever and are very safe cars! I just drove a new Forester sport version and it was fast as hell! Also they are good all year round with the all wheel drive system!

T :smile:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I wanted an F-150, Silverado/Colorado, Ram/Dakota, Tacoma, Jeep, Escape or something like that and todays prices are reasonable, heck trucks around Indiana are a steal (You know what I mean) but since I work 40 miles one way to work, my 2000 Chevy Blazer put on 190,000 miles................so I was looking for something to fit my large frame (6'3 295+) and some of the things like lil cars I looked at were like me getting in and out of a "CLOWN CAR" at the Circus..............and the truck stickers were 13-17 MPG, so I could afford to buy one but not fill it with gas and drive it.................so PLEASE SOMEONE tell me I did OK, I got a New Blue Saturn Vue, (Yep basicaly cut my balls off and demasculined myself by not getting what I always wanted a T R U C K ) but the 4 cyl supposidly gets 28 HWY, and has all the bells and whistles for creature comfort (Moonroof, Onstar, 100.000 power train 36,000 other etc, etc)
Got six grand off sticker price........so I pick it up in a week, and will have to drive it till I or it dies.............hopefully It was an OK vehicle. Not a TRUCK, but you know the deal. :sad:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Get a Honda, Toyota or Subaru. You will be much happier in the long run. Ford is not going broke for no reason at all. Poor quality vehicles. I was a car salesman for a couple years...............Please forgive me.......... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Remember, gas mileage changes depending on how much weight is in the car. IE: lard ass = less mileage. :wink:

·
Registered
492 Posts
I own both an Acura TL, and a Toyota FJ Cruiser, however before those two vehicles I've owned several Ford's that never gave me any problems. My first car was a 1994 Ford Mustang GT, 5 liter that my father bought for me when I was 16 YOA, it had 13 miles on it from the dealership, when I gave it to my brother it had 248.000 miles on. The only issue I ever had with it was a bad torque converter that Ford replaced free of charge, everything else was oem. My other Ford’s were a 1998 Cobra, and a 2004 Cobra which neither of them ever gave me one problem regardless of the fact they were driven hard. :twisted:

·
Registered
949 Posts
I was a Ford man for many years until I owned my last one, a 2000 Expedition. It wasn't the vehicle that left a poor taste, but the company and dealer that made me swear them off. My wife had an Accord for 7 years. When we sold that car, it was still looking good and running like a top. Honda is known for it's engines. If you take care of them, you can get 250K miles out of them easily. If they have a downside, after the warranty runs out, they are more expensive to repair than a domestic. But I imagine most if not all imports are. The Camry is the equal to an Accord. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Lump

·
Banned
698 Posts
Have her look at the Ford VOLVO S40. Those get like 30mpg in a safe and reliable car. Avoid the Japanese collision confetti. The ONLY strong Japanese cars are made by Honda and only after 2007.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
s70fan said:
Have her look at the Ford VOLVO S40. Those get like 30mpg in a safe and reliable car. Avoid the Japanese collision confetti. The ONLY strong Japanese cars are made by Honda and only after 2007.
Volvo S40 = Mazda3 too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts