AK Rifles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to handle one at the gun store the other day, it fit my hand perfectly. The controls seem a little odd (that "new" style Walther mag release, safety on slide, no slide lock release) but with the excellent ergonomics, light weight, good sight radius, locking breech for lighter recoil, and a light slide spring for easy cocking, and what seems to be a nice trigger, I am still intrigued.

It seems street price is about $350 with one mag (why the heck does it only come with one mag???) so maybe $400 and change to get two spare mags.

Anyhow, any feedback would be appreciated!

Dawg

· Registered
1,871 Posts
i got one in 32acp if you want to come out and shoot it, seems to be really nice gun as far as im concerned and never had a problem with it. shoots the same as the 380's that ive shot. pm me or call if you want to try it out

· Registered
523 Posts
My wife talked me into buying one of the new Smith & Wesson/Walther PPK 380's, she ended up with my P2000SK and the Walther is seldom used. It got sent back to S&W for the recall, which was bullshit if you ask me. It is an all stainless pistol but does not have the complete metal enclosed grip like the original Walthers. I've fired three different brands of .380 through it and it is suprisingly accurate, has yet to give me any problems. If I were going to keep it for a small backup type pistol I would dehorn the sharp edges...they are very sharp, I could learn to like it as well as I did my Colt Mustang.

· Registered
1,209 Posts
LOL. The Walther PK 380 that the OP is talking about is a totally different gun than the PPK that's been around for years. Plastic lower etc. Sort of like that 22 they've had out for a while. Google it up & see what it is. GARY N4KVE

· Registered
755 Posts
I have the PK380 the OP is asking about. I had been searching for a gun that fits my wife for about 2 years as she is recoil shy and has some carpal tunnel in her wrists which make it very hard for her to rack the slide on most guns.

I bought the PK380 with this in mine and it has fit the bill perfectly! It is the lightest shooting 380 out here, with recoil not much harder than a 22 because of its locked breech design. The slide is very easy to rack. In about 500 rounds of shooting, we have had zero issues using winchester white box, PMC, independence, speer gold dot HPs, remington HPs...basically any 380 we could throw at it. She was having so much fun shooting it the last time we went to the range, she actually wanted to stay longer than I did to keep shooting!

My local dealer sold it to me for $310 and finally got more mags about a week ago which he has been selling for $28 a piece. Average street price appears to be $350 for the gun and $35 for each mag (top gun carries them).

As for accuracy, at 25 yards, I can shoot all 8 rounds into a 5 inch circle with no problems. It is very fun gun to shoot and I like that it has the same ergonomics as the P22. This allows us to start with the P22 at the range using cheap mini mags and then switch to the PK380 without breaking the bank on 380 ammo.

For those familiar with the P22, the PK380 has a steel slide and not the zinc slide of the P22.

The downsides to this pistol is that you need to use the included plastic safety key to break down and clean the gun and there are no night sites available.

· Registered
1,871 Posts
stackscustominc said:
i got one in 32acp if you want to come out and shoot it, seems to be really nice gun as far as im concerned and never had a problem with it. shoots the same as the 380's that ive shot. pm me or call if you want to try it out
sorry i misread what you were talkin about, thought you said ppk 380 :doh:

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Bought a PK380 for the wife about 6 months ago, ( they were $305.00 then) and she loves it, :grin: and I like it also. :smile: Up until then my wife always carried wheel guns since she has hand strenghth issues and had a tough time chambering rounds in any other auto she ever tried. The PK380 solved all of this and fits her hand perfectly. We like it so much I might buy a 2nd one to keep on the boat in place of my PA 63.

· Premium Member
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stackscustominc said:
stackscustominc said:
sorry i misread what you were talkin about, thought you said ppk 380 :doh:

No problem bro, I was a bit confused about a 32 ACP PK 380 too! :goof:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.