AK Rifles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it is that sort of orange-yellow color, I want to refinish one of my maks.any idea what the finish is? it sort of looks like the old orange shellac found in some of the older homes around here. any home-brew recipes? thanks in advance. :grin:I am talking about the furniture :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
They varied from dark yellowish to light orangish. I've never been able to dupe the recipe, but a "honey" type of color comes to mind. Chu wood is quite blond as it starts out... hope that helps...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks THS, it's for the MAK I got from you! the stock I made(maple) doesn't stain to match the handguards...so I stripped it all and am thinking a colored shellac. I think all the wood would take this evenly. I'll experiment on a few different woods using different colors and see what happens. :grin:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry dbbl tap

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[/url]

I got it! :grin: I used amber colored shellac...2 coats for the stock and 4 coats for the hangaurds,perfect match

·
Registered
221 Posts
LMAO! I seen this thread under "New". Damn! I wonder what constitutes and older thread. I'm guessing there ain't gonna be any pics of the finished stocks! hahaaa thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Far from any type of champ. Just seen it was under New thread topic that I was interested in. I'll try to be more mindful checking dates. I guess that this is a question for the forum people who run it. Now I'm beginning to questioning why Im even explaining myself. Mehhh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts