AK Rifles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't know they all came with laminated stocks. I ordered a solid wood kit, but still has laminated buttstock.

All parts are matching except the selector, which Todd said weren't consistently numbered.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a damn fine point...thanks for catching it!

ETA...Of the 6 kits pictured on their website, none of them show trigger guards :confused:

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Why would ya want a cut into by a bandsaw triggerguard? Canabalize the mag catch maybe.

Nostalgia paper weights can go only so far.

Sorry guys, thems the breaks sometimes when dealing with demilled kits.

Just think....the funs just now begun trying to find the propper mag catch, selector stop and trigger guard for your caliber and country!

Rather search for those parts than a dust cover or cleaning rod so count ya blessings. :wink:

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Travis...I think it was just a mistake...they will get me one...I'd recommend getting a wood kit and then getting the new plum from K-var...That way you know you are getting nice furniture.

·
Registered
720 Posts
K-Vars plum stock set is sold out but I think it was 150 if I remember correctly. Did you kit come with the RPK sight plate? Also does anyone know where to get a RPK scope mount?

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You gotta buy the parts individually now...I think 160-170 but they are in stock...Might call and ask for the 150 price...On a gun like that you may as well do it right...

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
K-VAR plum didn't/don't have the ribbed upper either.

Travis I was under that same impression "less receiver" and was semi pissed but all is good now....ordered all Bulgy 74 parts from K-VAR except selector stop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts