AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new Ohio Rapid Fire AKS-74 today and I am very impressed with the build quality as the fit and finish is great. I ordered the model with the wooden hand guards and it came with an orange bakelite bayonette, brown colored Circle 10 mag, standard green Bulgy sling, oiler, cleaning kit etc. I particularly like the dark black parkerizing...the last ORF gun that I owned was an FAL and it had a light grey park and the black looks much better IMHO. I was surprised when I opened the top cover and found what appears to be a rubber recoil buffer (un-marked) on the recoil spring; is this part of the kit or an ORF gimme? Anyway, here are some pics.....

....and a couple with it's new safe-buddy :grin:

Cheers

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew I forgot one minor detail :oops:

It's got a NoDak Spud model NDS-2SF receiver. My build was amongst 12 rifles that had NDS receivers and ORF had another 45 NDS receivers on order.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
buddyhoohaw,

Excellent rifle. Can I have it? :mrgreen:

FokkerSF,

Roy Fokker was always my favorite character.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
How long ago did you order???

I ordered 3 months ago, and they told me yesterday 2 more weeks???

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stoyan79 said:
How long ago did you order???

I ordered 3 months ago, and they told me yesterday 2 more weeks???
Mine, along with 2 others, was ordered on May 2. I do know that when mine was shipped ORF was waiting on a large batch of NDS receivers, 45 to be exact, which I assume will fill their backorders?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
man... I need to stop spending my money on other projects and just suck it up and get me one of those ORF builds :(....

BAD ASS RIFLE my friend!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Tyrvidar said:
man... I need to stop spending my money on other projects and just suck it up and get me one of those ORF builds :(....

BAD ASS RIFLE my friend!
Yeah, me too... I need an ORF 74 BAD!!!

Just out of curiosity, can you get one with an optics rail?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
melbr00ks said:
Tyrvidar said:

BAD ASS RIFLE my friend!
Yeah, me too... I need an ORF 74 BAD!!!

Just out of curiosity, can you get one with an optics rail?
I asked my buddy, who ordered the rilfes, to request optic rails. ORF informed him that they had ran out of ORF optic rails due to a shortage of machinists to produce them. So, no rail for me...or you :neutral:

Cheers

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
heartbreakridge01 said:
nice AKS-74!!! now you need a AKS-74 kit from ORF!!
Unfortunately I am financially challenged at the moment and I am getting slowly sucked into the Sig 556 pistol/ SBR hype. No doubt that project will hurt....

Cheers

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
lol sounds expensive :) what is this sig 556 pistol/SBR? is it an AR platform

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
buddyhoohaw said:
I knew I forgot one minor detail :oops:

It's got a NoDak Spud model NDS-2SF receiver. My build was amongst 12 rifles that had NDS receivers and ORF had another 45 NDS receivers on order.

Cheers
:sad: I think you did well-We bought about 7- 8 of ORF rifles--All are great-I still own 5/6? of them for family "keepers"-I only wish that mine were built on NoDak receivers,And not GT--way to much lettering on the bottom and sides to suit me--But don't get me wrong--I really like Tods builds-I just prefer NoDak over all the other receivers out there.And the one that I shoot the most was dead on out of the case,I was able to hit pop cans at 125 yrds.Great little rifle in both folder or full stocks--Have a great day--Frenchy-- Say no to hillary :bullshit:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
heartbreakridge01 said:
lol sounds expensive :) what is this sig 556 pistol/SBR? is it an AR platform
LOL. I guess it is okay to hijack my own thread with OT pics :goof:

Here is the Sig 556 pistol that will allegedly hit dealers shortly...

.....and here is the LE version that the pistol will assimilate after Form 1 process and buttstock.

I would like to pick one up if possible although I really do not need a 4th 5.56 SBR in any platform :neutral: .

Cheers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts