AK Rifles banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Most Russian sellers are good, it may take some time to get your stuff. Be patient.

Some day it might be interesting to post packing labels for the "moto bike" and "plastic stereo parts". Today is not the day.

I have said too much and we all have violated first rule of grey market, which is, "Don't talk about grey market". I suggest asking mods to delete this thread.

·
Technical Advisor
15,859 Posts
Customs is only one part of the delays in transit from Russia and other countries.
and passenger flight schedules are down by 75%.
Commercial freight flights are less restricted but now have the overflow from passenger and other delays in customs etc.

Lift capacity for freight, mail etc is reduced dramatically.
Likely will remain fir a number of months as travel restrictions are in place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2 months ago I received a scope from Ivan tactical. Took less than 3 weeks, but I also paid for the quickest shipping available.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Customs is only one part of the delays in transit from Russia and other countries.
and passenger flight schedules are down by 75%.
Commercial freight flights are less restricted but now have the overflow from passenger and other delays in customs etc.

Lift capacity for freight, mail etc is reduced dramatically.
Likely will remain fir a number of months as travel restrictions are in place.
I don’t understand why postal services cannot add more flights to deliver goods on time? Are they saving on what? Warehouses are littered with parcels, especially at Christmas and New Years when people order gifts. Why not add flights ad hoc? It's all solvable after all.

·
Registered
260 Posts
My advice is be prepared to lose your money. It is a gamble. Some people get their stuff, some do not. Typical wait time with COVID is around 6 months. It can be shorter, it can be longer. People on the forums have lost thousands of dollars ordering from Russia. Just be aware of the risks.

Reactions: INDY K

·
Registered
69 Posts
International mail has been screwed up for a little over a year.

March 16 through the end of June, I was continuing to ship international by USPS Priority flat rate envelope. The postal clerks were asking how I could get the postage printed, because their counter terminals were not allowing them to print international postage. (That should have been a hint).
The estimated shipping times started increasing, 45 days, 60 days, 72+ days.
USPS started complaining about the lack of cargo space on passenger airliners. USPS got rid of surface international about 15 years ago. They started putting everything in airliner cargo holds. People stopped flying on airplanes. Airlines cancelled flights. USPS and the other mail services of other countries started trying to arrange ocean freight.
Countries stopped accepting mail, freight, and ocean vessels from each other. USPS started creative routing of mail to find a route from here to there that was not blocked. Mail to Europe was being routed through the Philippines and South East Asia. It seemed like they were quarantining packages for 14 days at every border crossing. Not quite sure of the exact route, because that's when all of our international mail started disappearing. Some in the Philippines, some in Hong Kong, some in Chicago.
We stopped shipping outside US and Canada in August. USPS has not made payment on any of the lost packages, yet. These are packages that have been missing for 8+ months now.

I did not send out Christmas gifts this year because of the shipping problems. I usually send a bunch of gift boxes to friends in Japan. I checked the Japan Post website a couple weeks ago, and if you dig deep enough in, they have a list of places they have suspended service from. They will deliver envelopes from the US, like a card or letter, but they will not accept any packages at all. Every country has made their own rules for every other individual country, and you can't find out on the sending end unless you break your neck looking, or until the item is lost or returned (after a couple years of circling the planet).

We have a competing manufacturer in our market segment (not firearms related), who is located in Moscow. The last time I checked, their delivery times to the US were quoted at 72 days. I don't think that is realistic, given what I have seen.
I have had discussions with some people asking me to match their prices, and no one seems to be aware that international mail is a 3+ month thing now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I’ve seen some older threads about this issue. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences recently with this. I ordered a zentico handguard from Ivan Tactical which ships from Russia. It said ship times are 30-45 days so I knew that going in. Processed through Moskva (Moscow) pci 21 3 weeks ago and hasn’t tracked since. Should I worry yet?
i ordered a sling from Finland Feb. 5th 2021 and on the 9th it showed shipped from Finland and thats the last it's showed and movement. contacted the seller and they said yes it's taking longer then in the past when i ordered from them. so i guess it's the same coming from anywhere outside the US.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Made an order through Ivan around nov received around the end of Jan. Had other items ordered a month after that came before Ivan’s order.
Like mentioned it’s a gamble and a wait.
Those who were used to the ol 8-10. 10-17 weeks for delivery have an old understanding and kinda seasoned on the postal waiting game.

Take the gamble, order it and forget about it. Tracking is rarely in real time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Op, the good news is, your package will most likely hit the international postal hub, on the left coast, in LA, Calif.
The left coast for the most part is running ok. What regional hub it goes from there, depends on your location.
You will get zero updates while its in transit over the pacific.
Tracking will resume once it enters customs in LA. Tracking will be spotty, and I've often had packages arrive, before tracking updates. This is normal for international parcels. IDK why.
Customs can sit on it for several weeks, dont be alarmed by that, its very normal too it seems. Its much rarer when things zip thru in only a few days. My fastest was 3 days, most are 2 weeks'sh.

Due to the rash of really bad weather from a week or two back, nationwide USPS is 3-10 days behind as of today for some rates. Most packages are moving thru normally however.
Remember, they move approx 470 million pieces of mail, a day, so "most" is a big number, but so are the ones not moving smoothly!

A lil inside tip: Once it hits customs/US territory, use the online tracker and hit the " text & email updates" button.
The KEY is: Click everything (all boxes) and enter your email or phone# for the updated alerts. You can repeat this process as much as you desire.
What this does is prompt the system to locate your package. It actually goes out and finds it (electronically)
You will receive the current status of the parcel in real time. If it hasnt moved from one hub to another, there will be no new info as previous, and you know its still where it was at last check. Now, if it stalls in one US location too long, you can request USPS to "trace it". There are several versions of tracing, most are initiated with a lost parcel claim.
Good luck.
( BTW, I ship & receive approx 20k packages a yr)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts