AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a tough time finding some optics that will mount on my AK. The gunsmiths do not seem to want to touch it (to drill necessary holes to add picatinny plate) becuase they say the metal is tough and is a pain to drill. Anyone have any other options?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
What type of AK do you have? There are a TON of options out there. But, knowing your make/model will help in narrowing it down for you.

my guess is that you have a chinese or egyptian rifle as most others have a built
in optics rail. If you have one without a built in optics rail, something like a railed gas tube is your best bet without having to permanantly alter your tifle.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Are you trying to mount an AK side rail? Thats the only thing I ca nthink of that would require any kind of drilling but its not for Picatinny or weaver rails. Its for the AK rail.

Otherwise you can get a gas tube rail which isnt the greatest idea. Railed hanguards, a little better. Or the TWS rail that runs from your rear sight to the rear trunion (where the stock connects).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts