AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 700rd can of this stuff over the weekend. I've never shot any of it and wanted some input. Any gripes or complaints? Any praises? I'll mainly be using it for plinking. Since the "shortage", I've been paying an average of $.20 a round. This stuff only cost me $.15 a round. :neutral:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
while i've never had that particular date romanian 762x39 , the earlyer and latter were OK . nothing great but not bad either , just OK . its some of the Romanian that was RE-manufactured and put up in those white EastGerman boxes that was lame and nasty .

if it has red primer/bullet sealant , its corrosive primed , dispite what it says or the add copy . i have 97 date with dark green sealant that IS NC .

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SP=Soft Point

This "poor fellow sub-standard circumstance" Romanian ammo is head stamped 324 over 94.

There is no crime in looking for a bargin!! :mad:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
:lol: , thats not you is it ! it was some fellow i read over at , at , that other place , with 322/97 MATCH in 700rd cans . i was lamenting the fact that he may as well have hollerd into a cave as ask about some type of ammo over there , not , that he got a deal on some ammo :stonehim:

TO REPEAT:
all the ROMAINIAN MADE ammo is ok wether corrosive or not . its just not anything special . its the 22/80 headstamp stuff that was RE-BULLETED in E.Germany that is not very good . the MATCH does seem to have tight(er) dimensional tolerences than some new russian ammo but not any tighter S.D. than other ROMANIAN which is only so-so , average , run of the mill .

some collectors may be interested in the MATCH cans and some boxes of ammo like ,

like ME :sad: who didnt know he was gunna start a collection and , tossed all the boxes and tins :mad:

i'm sure if you put some up for sale at one of the auction houses it'll sell to other collectors just for that reason . no great bunch of the ROMAINIAN MATCH came in .

also , there is suppose to be some way to open the tin from the bottom so it can be displayed but i've never tryed it .

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
the Soft Point you have is ok ammo just like the other ROMANIAN . it feed and functioned in an aquaintances couple a SKSs and he had no trouble at all hitting my 18"x24" steelplate at 2,3,400M with it after some site-in help . if it wasnt nominal velocity , it couldnt follow the site notches like that .

as SoftPoints for HUNTING all those plated-steel jacket SPs are only worth a darn to 50M or so unless you hit bone . by 100M all they do against flesh is flatten the tip from .114" too .200" to look like a tiny little LFN pistol bullet only they are .30calbre not .44 or .45

darn .
i did chrono the 324/94 and wrote it down but i think the info went home with the guy . if something was wrong with it i'd have remembered .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts