AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am considering getting a service grade M-1 from CMP. I meet the eligibility requirements. They are $595. I am looking for a shooter, cosmetics don't matter. I am looking to fill a hole between the AR/AK and the 30.06 bolt action scoped deer rifle.

Are the service grades good enough?

Anything else I need to know?

Thanks.

joedog

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
sorry to hijack the thread but how are their m1 carbines? their descriptions sound like they're junk.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I just placed my order for a service grade M-1 garand. Received an email saying they have it and the rifle will be shipped within 30 days.

Yea!!! :dance:

As far as the M-1 Carbine, I handpicked one when I was going through anniston last year and I very much think they are worth it.

Here is a picture of it cleaned up.

Guy

·
Registered
133 Posts
Service grades are definataly the way to go. Years back the rack grades from the danish and greek returns were in pretty good shape, but my latest H&R field grade garand was in horrible shape. I think you would definatly be better off paying the extra money for a service grade, on both the carbines and the garands.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

That seals the deal.

Can't wait.

joedog

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
I bought one that was a field grade. Butt ugly beat wood on it and the butt plate was worn smooth. But an excellent shooter! Mechanically excellent in all ways. I spent the money to restock it and put a new butt plate on it. Now it looks as well as it works.

But it would have cost less to just buy a service grade to begin with.

Buy the service grade! :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts