AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its ultimately my decision I just wanted opinions.

What do you think about trading my M70AB1 for a M70AB2? I've never shot an underfolder but I love the way they look. Superficial I know but everytime I see one, I want one.

Before anyone says get both, I can't. I simply can't afford to get another gun anytime soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sold on selling it yet but I just wanted opinions on the trade/sell. It is built by Century and I've only put 30 rounds through it. I ask because people say the fixed stock yugos are harder to come by and they are more desirable. Why, I dont know.

As you can tell, I'm new to the AK.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I think they're both cool, get an under folder if you can... but I prefer to shoot my fixed stock for comfort and accuracy.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
While underfolders aren't quite as comfortable to shoot, I see no difference, otherwise. Mine are much more accurate than I had expected (some even more so than some of my straight stock rifles). So, I don't see accuracy as an issue. If you get the chance to shoot one first, do it. But, if you ultimately like the look and "cool factor" of the UF better, I say go for it. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It's fair if you find someone who wants to trade. I would have traded with you a few months ago.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
m70

I bought my m70ab2 b/c its a strong underfolder. It is very cool, and a good shooter. But I would also like the fixed stock. So, I want both.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have one of each and like them both. I have trouble getting down on the stock of the fixed stock model. It takes a little longer to get the sights lined up. I don't know, maybe I've got a fat cheek.
The underfolder lines up very quickly and happens to be one of the most accurate AK's I've ever owned.
regards, g.

·
Registered
183 Posts
gohmer said:
I have one of each and like them both. I have trouble getting down on the stock of the fixed stock model. It takes a little longer to get the sights lined up. I don't know, maybe I've got a fat cheek.
The underfolder lines up very quickly and happens to be one of the most accurate AK's I've ever owned.
regards, g.
What he said.

My underfolder is way more comfortable to shoot than my B1. I get through 2 mags and I am done with it. I dont even have fat cheeks.

Wrap some paracord on the UF and dont look back. I can sit behind that all day.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Best advice I can give is shoot the underfolder (or rather, any underfolder) prior to making the sale/trade. Underfolders are typically a love 'em or hate 'em type item.

My Century M70AB2 is incredibly accurate, but I also am not a huge fan of underfolders, and I got it mostly because it makes for the most compact AK package out there, and to help complete my Yugo AK collection. I certainly would not be gutsy enough to launch a rifle greande off of it, that is for sure! :wink:

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
The way I'm put together, an underfolder fits me just fine, it's surprisingly comfortable, but I have problems with wire folders like e. germans and tantals...you should test out a 7.62 underfolder before you make the jump.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've seen pics of Catsailer's underfolders and the trade would be fair if your B1 is in good shape.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
1ITP said:
I've seen pics of Catsailer's underfolders and the trade would be fair if your B1 is in good shape.
thanks for the words. yeah, i have two i could let you pick from, one has zastava markings on the rear site base and the other doesnt. both have tapco g2's... real nice guns. ive been wanting a B1 ever since i sold mine years ago, but like you cant afford to shell out more cash without selling stuff. pm me if you are interested.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts