AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure about this gun it seemed like a cool concept and seems to have mixed reviews but I watched a review on it by Iraq war veteran 8888 and honestly it had me convinced to areas give it a try. So I just ordered one today instead of a npap underfolder I was thinking about trying out. If you haven't seen his review and are curious about this gun i suggest you watch it if your interested.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Most people who have had past experience with Century avoid their products. They have a long and well earned reputation for making garbage and then telling you it's your fault, not theirs.

Those people who took the chance on the V2 seemed pleased with theirs or at least not unhappy. I would rather spend that money elsewhere.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,069 Posts
I wouldn't purchase one. Their quality control combined with their somewhat questionable customer disservice is enough to put me off of the idea. When I first started looking for an AK, I picked one up in the store, looked it over and handed it back to the clerk. It looked okay, but without shooting a few hundred rounds through it, it is tough to tell.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Please don't purchace anything because some veteran says its good. This is how companys trick the public into buying their product. James Yeager comes to mind.

As far as the rifle, the c39 and c39 v2 seems to have mixed reviews which is suprising for century. Personally I wouldnt buy one or ever trust my life to one. If you have good luck with yours then congrats but there are better...ALOT better quality rifles out there that were made to last more than a couple thousand rounds.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like mine have had no problem. With that said. I did change out bolt and carrier. No issues so far. Review Texas gunsmith videos on YouTube for more info. Not saying ya or nay jury still out

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are a good amount of people I've seen that seem to be happy so i decided to try one out. But yeah I'm definitely going to check that out right now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It seems like most people like them. I understand it's century and all American so a lot of people are going to dislike them without even giving them a chance but so far I've seen good things. Like you mention it seems like thw main thing would be to change out bolt carrier and bolt and what not because it seems to be soft and the weak point in the rifle. Which for a milled Ak at that price doesn't seem like a bad deal at all to just swap out the bolt carrier and such.

·
Registered
23 Posts
KWE.. I agree. I still have my original bcg. I didn't see the wear some have. But, Century didn't do themselves any favors in the past. So the old rule applies..do something right not a word. Do something wrong everybody knows. Just enjoy your rifle.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Extremely pleased with mine thus far. 550 rounds approximately fired with zero problems. I did (with help) work to loosen the safety lever.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very happy with my C39V2 so far. I have about 1000 rounds through it so far and always take it down after shooting for cleaning. With all the bad-mouthing about CA from the negatroids on this forum, I got worried and always closely check the bolt and bolt carrier after a shoot. It all looks just fine right now. There is some shininess in the normal places, but no noticeable wear or mushrooming any place that I could find. I understand that there was some issues with forged trunnions on the RAS47 stamped receiver, and maybe CA needs to take a hard look at their processes with that, but to date I haven't seen or heard anything bad at all about the milled C39 V2. Only bad stuff on forums like this one. I guess an AK has to have a cleaning rod and bayonet lug in order to make everyone happy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had my Magpul MOE version C39V2 for about 2 months. I have about 500 rounds through it without a malfunction or damage, just wear where expected. No modifications made other than to paint the front sight post photo-luminescent green. I thoroughly examine all of the spots/parts noted by others when I break down and clean after every use (I'm one of those OCD cleaners) and I'll post pics if anything goes down the tubes. I knew going in that CAI had serious issues with the 1st gen version and hit and miss with soft bolts in the early V2s but complete AKs on the store shelf are kind of limited in NJ due to our restrictions. I watched all of the reviews and torture tests I could and read the pros and cons in the forums. I'm happy so far, she's a good shooter. I have no issues whacking an 8" steel plate at 100 yards repeatedly with irons. I don't consider it a "go to war" AK, more of a range toy/hedge against political climate change/7.62x39 is still relatively affordable and I already supported the caliber with my SKS/everyone needs an AK type purchase.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wasn't sure about this gun it seemed like a cool concept and seems to have mixed reviews but I watched a review on it by Iraq war veteran 8888 and honestly it had me convinced to areas give it a try. So I just ordered one today instead of a npap underfolder I was thinking about trying out. If you haven't seen his review and are curious about this gun i suggest you watch it if your interested.

I have a NPAP and now a c39 v2. They were the most available when I purchased in the wake of Sandy Hook. The NPAP has between 4000 and 5000 rounds of Tula cheap stuff through it. I had some FTEs and minor cycling issues at first but it went away. The trigger is sweet and better than any AR or AK I've shot. One downside to the NPAP is the high comb stock and I promise you will not be able to use the open sights.
Th c39 is not as old and has under 1000 rounds through it. The high comb stock is not an issue here and the c39 is heavier.
Of course my experience is only one data point and I'm not one of those guys that become fanboys of every rifle they own. I also have an Arsenal with a stamped receiver that has under 200 rounds and I think I'm really going to bond with this gun.
my ultimate rifle will be one of Fuller's rifles from Rifle Dynamics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a couple of them and have not had any problems with them only a few thousand rounds down range so far but they still really look pretty much like new inside and out. They have a long way to go to catch up to my WASRs though LOL. I think they are fine rifles for the money.

·
Registered
13 Posts
C39v2

I have a couple of them and have not had any problems with them only a few thousand rounds down range so far but they still really look pretty much like new inside and out. They have a long way to go to catch up to my WASRs though LOL. I think they are fine rifles for the money.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is that the Bushnell AK 1-4x scope?? Just curious. I put one on my C39V2 (after adding an AK Master Mount) with a Midwest Industries rail and have been very pleased with it thus far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I LOVE my C39v2, have abit over 1000 rounds through it and not one hiccup. My brother owns one as well and I'm sure he enjoys His just as much as me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts