AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of purchasing an Arsenal SSR 56 Underfolder. Before I sink the cash...........

Any Opinions or experiences with Arsenal AK's?


Thanks,

DK
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,285 Posts
They are top of the line, you cant go wrong in my opinion, I have a Classic underfolder with the blonde wood and the fit and finish is great. It has a real slick action too. McM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
790 Posts
I have the SA M7S. It's a fixed-stock, milled 7.62x39, and solid as a rock. Have shot it regularly about a year and a half, probably several thousand rounds by now, and w/out any problem of any kind. Still looks and feels basically new. Has showered abundant valor and glory in several local matches.

Mine is a post-ban version that came with a pinned comp, but which works great not only re-directing recoil but also supressing flash.

I also briefly tried the underfolding SAS M7. Basically the very same gun but with the folding stock and without any muzzle treatment (although it was an after-ban threaded). Looked muchos [email protected], but definately more recoil rise, and the folding stock forced me to crane my neck further to align with the sights, which I was uncomfortable with. I sold it after a couple months and a few hundred rounds, deciding to retain the fixed-stock SA M7S as the keeper. You might not have the same problem though.

I don't think you can surpass any of Arsenal's stuff quality-wise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,055 Posts
do you mean Arsenal out of las vegas?,....they are super kick ass,..make you want to slap your momma beautiful. :wink:

there was a arsenal usa company out of houston tx,...ive never seen or handled any of there builds so i can not comment

but yeah Arsenal las vegas,.. i love em
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,438 Posts
doneking said:
I'm thinking of purchasing an Arsenal SSR 56 Underfolder. Before I sink the cash...........

Any Opinions or experiences with Arsenal AK's?


Thanks,

DK
This is Arsenal USA/Gordon Technologies not Arsenal Inc, still a damn fine bulgarian milled receiver
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,723 Posts
doneking said:
I'm thinking of purchasing an Arsenal SSR 56 Underfolder. Before I sink the cash...........

Any Opinions or experiences with Arsenal AK's?


Thanks,

DK
I believe the Arsenal that doneking is talking about is now Armory USA.

They are not affiliated with Arsenal Inc, which is the licensed manufacturer of Bulgarian AK's in the US. Armory USA did use Bulgarian parts at one time, and may still do so, but Arsenal is quick to point out that Armory USA is in no way affiliated with the Bulgarian arsenal that manufactures the SA M7's and similar guns.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe this particular AK is from the Arsenal in Houston, TX. So that would be the Arsenal/Global AK.....Correct?

It is a stampled receiver. Wood Furniture w/underfolder. I'm buying it from an individual who wants around $400 for it.

Being that there are two different types of 'Arsenals" discussed. Is this one not a very good choice. I was aware of different ones and I do not have any experience with either.


DK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
Arsenal USA is the same as Armory USA/Global Trades, out of Houston, Texas. The SSR-56 is sort of an amalgam between AK-47 variants and the AKM. Some were very good, as far as reliability, and some were reported to have problems.

I'll try to find the link that has a report on the weapon. For $400, I'd jump on it.

Bud

Here you go. Just scroll down until you see the SSR type rifles.

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68365
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,023 Posts
No experience with Arsenal inc. But I have an AKS74 from Bulgaria Arsenal made in Bulgarian. It's top notch, one of the finest AK's I've seen and owned. Shoots fine too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,437 Posts
No US AK can beat a pre-ban Chinese Polytech :twisted:.


Where is your spike, huh tough guy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,023 Posts
By the time you need your spike you're in deep trouble Son.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,917 Posts
I only have experience with Arsenal out of Las Vegas. Don't know about the other guys.
Vector builds underfolders for Alantic Firearms and I know that they are made well and they have a 5 year warranty!
But $400 dollars for an underfolder is pretty cheap.


(gratuitous picture of my poly underfolder :cool: )


Good to see you Bachelor_of_Science.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bachelor_of_Science said:
Arsenal USA is the same as Armory USA/Global Trades, out of Houston, Texas. The SSR-56 is sort of an amalgam between AK-47 variants and the AKM. Some were very good, as far as reliability, and some were reported to have problems.

I'll try to find the link that has a report on the weapon. For $400, I'd jump on it.

Bud

Here you go. Just scroll down until you see the SSR type rifles.

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68365
Thanks, BoS!

I can't believe that you actually sent me 'Over There' for information. :neutral:

We need that kind of info over here! Maybe in time. So it sounds like the consensus is that I should buy this rifle if it meets the FTF test.


DK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
doneking said:
Bachelor_of_Science said:
Arsenal USA is the same as Armory USA/Global Trades, out of Houston, Texas. The SSR-56 is sort of an amalgam between AK-47 variants and the AKM. Some were very good, as far as reliability, and some were reported to have problems.

I'll try to find the link that has a report on the weapon. For $400, I'd jump on it.

Bud

Here you go. Just scroll down until you see the SSR type rifles.

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68365
Thanks, BoS!

I can't believe that you actually sent me 'Over There' for information. :neutral:

We need that kind of info over here! Maybe in time. So it sounds like the consensus is that I should buy this rifle if it meets the FTF test.


DK

You have to remember. A lot of the info over there, was compiled by people here.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top