AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fairly new to AKs, looking to add a 5.45 X 39 to the fold. Came across a Waffen Werks and wonder how they stack up in terms of quality and value??

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
When was it built? Does it have a WW receiver or a NoDak receiver?

·
Banned
489 Posts
There's been a thread already created about this, take a little time to look through it. I too wanted one but heard some lemon stories. If you can test fire and maybe blast a few mags out if it it'd be worth your while, gathering from what I've gathered.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
The quality of the WW rifles seem to have suffered in the last couple of years. Do a google search and you will find countless threads about them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have 5.45 Waffen on order. Heard the quality went back up and good reviews on other forums. I'll look for the other thread, too.
Hoping for the best...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have 5.45 Waffen on order. Heard the quality went back up and good reviews on other forums. I'll look for the other thread, too.
Hoping for the best...
I've had mine since last July, zero problems. Have gone through almost one tin of surplus ammo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got it yesterday.

Got two cans of Russian surplus to go along with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It looks OK, but haven't mounted a scope. Shot it today for the first time after also opening my first can ever of 5.45x39. That's a fun round! What a blast.

One thing, the front of the gun sure got HOT! after first 60 rounds or so. We shot 120 rounds all together. This gun gets hot. I have two other AKs, a 7.62x39 saiga and .308 Vepr both with synthetic stocks. Never felt any heat up front on those.

Fun gun though! Love the 5.45. My new favorite round for a while.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
It looks OK, but haven't mounted a scope. Shot it today for the first time after also opening my first can ever of 5.45x39. That's a fun round! What a blast.

One thing, the front of the gun sure got HOT! after first 60 rounds or so. We shot 120 rounds all together. This gun gets hot. I have two other AKs, a 7.62x39 saiga and .308 Vepr both with synthetic stocks. Never felt any heat up front on those.

Fun gun though! Love the 5.45. My new favorite round for a while.
The 5.45 loves to decimate pumpkins, cantaloupes, pineapples, tomatoes, ice blocks, and Iraqi Kevlar Helmets. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
And...got home to commence cleaning. Maybe it was there originally, the start of it. But after 120 rounds this unfortunate crack:

Not cosmetic. Top is loose. So sad.:( We'll see what Classic has to say. Unacceptable. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Eh... handguards are cheap. If classic will take care of it then cool. If not then just replace it. It's not worth sending the rifle back IMO.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Eh... handguards are cheap. If classic will take care of it then cool. If not then just replace it. It's not worth sending the rifle back IMO.
Agree. But they should advertise stocks/handguards as "disposable/replaceable" like my too awesome .308 VEPR:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
And...got home to commence cleaning. Maybe it was there originally, the start of it. But after 120 rounds this unfortunate crack:

Not cosmetic. Top is loose. So sad.:( We'll see what Classic has to say. Unacceptable. We'll see.
Sometimes there is too much varnish/shellac applied to the wood. When the barrel heats up, as you described, the wood can't breathe and splits. Was this one of the better grade offerings with the ''re finished'' stock and hand guards or the basic ''B'' model?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sometimes there is too much varnish/shellac applied to the wood. When the barrel heats up, as you described, the wood can't breathe and splits. Was this one of the better grade offerings with the ''re finished'' stock and hand guards or the basic ''B'' model?
Not the Grade B but the "solid stain finish." Sending them an email now...

·
Registered
200 Posts
The furniture on the WW are third rate to say the least. My WW had the same solid stain wood so I stripped it and tried to save it. But the wood was discolored and wood bleach couldn't get the gray stains out.Go to Apex gun parts and you can buy a Bulgy complete set in almost new condition for $39. ! Or their plum sets for $55. Make sure you have a heat shield by the way.

That's my WW shown on the left wit AK47 Romy furniture.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_79/products_id/1208

·
Registered
23 Posts
Classic said send it back and they'd replace with a perk for my troubles. Responded fast and kindly. I'll share a pict when I get the part. Probably new set is in order.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The furniture on the WW are third rate to say the least. My WW had the same solid stain wood so I stripped it and tried to save it. But the wood was discolored and wood bleach couldn't get the gray stains out.Go to Apex gun parts and you can buy a Bulgy complete set in almost new condition for $39. ! Or their plum sets for $55. Make sure you have a heat shield by the way.

Thanks. I got a new set from Apex installed and to the range and perfect. Thanks for the recommendation.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Thanks. I got a new set from Apex installed and to the range and perfect. Thanks for the recommendation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts