AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I placed a lowball bid on an MSAR STG-556 listed on Gunbroker, thinking that there was no way I could win it for the max bid I put in.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewIt ... =106238903

Turns out, I won the bid over the next higest bidder by TEN CENTS, LOL! :lol:

Now I have to actually scrounge up the money to pay for it- not an impossible task as this is a 'three paycheck month' but I hadn't exactly budgeted for this either! I actually was plannign on getting a green one with the jadkommando flash hider or even a TPD (or the real deal Steyr) but I think I can 'settle' for this...

All in all, I took that thing for a steal- $50 under the cheapest I have seen an optics equipped one for, and it comes with a 3" side rail and four hicap magazines.

So anyone looking to buy an STG? :goof:

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aww, now that is just harsh! :cool:

[ETA] Now that I think abotu it, I bet the announcement of the 'real'
AUG curtailed the bidding price. But for me, I wanted the 'old school' optic so the MSAR was just the ticket!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
That is one great looking rifle! Always wanted to add one to my collection, but just a tad too rich for my blood. :mrgreen: I've bought a lot of guns on GB after telling the wife "don't worry, someone will outbid me." :lol:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
AUG

If I knew what I know now. I would have taken some of my college loans that ummm, I wasted... And would have bought one of those AUG's, I think they first got my attention in Gun Digest years ago.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Man I've always liked those... If I "accidentally" bought one then the "warden" would "accidentally" kick my ass... :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just went up to Ratworx, who was the place selling it on the auction. they rock! They have a little 20'x30' shop and have all sorts of neat projects going. One of the guys spent 2 hours showing me a bunch of their projects and even pulled a bunch of 'neat' stuff out of the vault for me to handle, very cool!

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Thats definitely a cool looking gun in very good condition!

I think you should buy it and keep it!

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stoyan79 said:
Thats definitely a cool looking gun in very good condition!

I think you should buy it and keep it!
If you are referring to the one I bought in the auction, it is actually new in box, and I do plan on keeping it. :smile:

It was one of the 'Special Edition' ones that came with the mags, knife, case, and sling, but the set was broken up. The rifle is unfired with all the tags on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts