AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my mom passed away recently and it took most of our savings to go back to Mississippi for the funeral. That leaves us no money for quite a while to spend on fun stuff. I've once again been thinking what I could do. I have two old presses. One a Lee and the other a Redding?? Anywho, I also have dies for .38 spl, along with about 10,000 nickle cases. I have a bullet mold and a bunch of odds and ends. I've never reloaded before and will still need primers and powder. I have an offer on the table for my AR. New unfired PSA M4 barrel, DD lpk, bla bla bla..... Guy wants to trade a no dash 686 with action work by Nelson Ford. The only S&W I've ever owned and shot was a Model 49 bodyguard which is now with my brother. The thought is, I can learn to reload and have quite a bit of ammo. He says the trigger breaks clean at 3lbs. I think that may be too light for my needs. Can it be made heavier or would that be a costly endeavor? Thoughts on the 686??

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
The pistol is a 5 to 700 dollar item, the M4gery could probably bring 1000 or more if you found the right buyer.

Sell the M4, buy the revolver you want and primers and powder, and you will probably still have some money left over.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The 686 I inherited from my father is all stock. I don't have a trigger pull gauge, but I'd estimate the SA pull at 3-3.5 pound's. I find it about perfect. It's a dash one. I will never sell it because it was my Dad's. That and it's a hell of a revolver.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The 686 I inherited from my father is all stock. I don't have a trigger pull gauge, but I'd estimate the SA pull at 3-3.5 pound's. I find it about perfect. It's a dash one. I will never sell it because it was my Dad's. That and it's a hell of a revolver. Almost forgot, I'm very sorry for your loss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts