AK Rifles banner

? on Yugo M-70 barrel dimensions

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Siv3art 
#1 · (Edited)
What is the major difference between the Yugo M-70 barrels compared to other AKM's. My son bought a APEX M-70AB1 stamped kit with U.S. made barrel. It slid right into the front trunnion and has a little play, it also did the same thing to an Egyptian trunnion also. However when tried with a Romy trunnion, size 2. It seems proper, it will need to be pressed in. What's up? Does he need another barrel for the Yugo. And if so can I use the barrel he has for my Isis build with the Romy trunnion. Or are we missing something. Please HELP.

#2 ·
The Zastava M70 barrel is a derivative of the AK47 pattern with some deviations in HGR and RSB location. It is not AKM pattern and is larger diameter in every journal size except the trunnion and 14mm threads at the muzzle.

Commbloc size deviations 0-4 can create fitment issues in size. A No. 2 is the standard deviation. You may have a #3 or 4 trunnion.. A different barrel (larger) or knurling are a couple of fitment possibilities.

Barrel prints here under AK Part Drawings>

AK Part Drawings ? Ing. Robert Forbus, International

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.