AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have turned my sar-2 into a AIMS-74 clone and everything is as close to authentic as possible. The only thing is it has a somewhat downward faceing charging handle. My question is can I heat it to push it up?
Has anybody tryed this? I know I can buy an upturned carrier but would like to keep mine matching and save the $$'s.

·
Registered
488 Posts
gradywhite said:
I have turned my sar-2 into a AIMS-74 clone and everything is as close to authentic as possible. The only thing is it has a somewhat downward faceing charging handle. My question is can I heat it to push it up?
Has anybody tryed this? I know I can buy an upturned carrier but would like to keep mine matching and save the $$'s.
I think that would not work well...I think you would not be able to duplicate the effect simply via heat & bend...it is not going to look "right".

I guess it could be removed and a part made and weld on & finished 9alot of work).

I'd just forget it till I could get the carrier you want.

Lollygagger :neutral:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
You are going to have to buy one like I did.

Keep the #'s matching bolt carrier for shooting and the upturned bolt carrier for pics to post here. That what I did. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Some folks that have those don't like the upturned handles. I'd fish around for a trade, if I were you.

I'm pretty sure you won't have any problems switching carriers, just keep the original bolt with the weapon, and put your new carrier in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts