AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems gas goes up every summer, despite the price of oil. I don't want to get into the politics of it all. Just wonder if you guys are gonna do anything different during the winter to prepare for a possible spike in gas, next summer.

I plan to move to an apartment closer to work. I don't know about the price of those mopedes, but my guess demand will go down in the winter making for a cheaper price.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm looking seriously into the hydrogen fuel supplements (HHO I think it is called) and also into biodiesel. HHO can give anywhere from 5% to 50% increase in mileage, depending on who you ask, so it may be worth the time and extra money to spend on a hydrogen generator. Biodiesel is, for me, an easy thing to do since I have access to a virtually unlimited supply of waste vegetable oil.

However my job situation has changed, so the company is reimbursing me for mileage, meaning I may simply just not care next year.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny you mention the bio thing. I have heard of an increase in the theft of cooking oil outside of restaurants. Don't know if they are home brewers or if they are selling the stuff.

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
Gas would have to get up to over 10 bucks a gal, for me to consider changing my driving habits, or to even look at getting something different. A moped would not be on my short list, I can tell you that, not the way people drive around here, that is just plain suicide :grin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts