AK Rifles banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to toe with the Heathen Rooooooooskies................

"If" and was a big "IF" at the 416th at Griffiss.......we got airborne, our families were already dead behind us.....I'm not sure if you young guys can actually "appreciate" how that "really, actually felt ...until you got a "recall"....

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
We didn't have nukes where I was at, but we sure had the MOAB !!!

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... s/moab.htm

GBU-43/B "Mother Of All Bombs"
MOAB - Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb

The GBU-43/B is large, powerful and accurately delivered. high explosive.The GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb [MOAB] weapon is a 21,000 lbs total weight GPS-guided munition with fins and inertial gyro for pitch and roll control. MOAB is a guided bomb which delivers the 18,700 lb BLU-120/B warhead bomb with KMU-593/B GPS/INS. The MOAB is the largest-ever satellite-guided, air-delivered weapon in history. The 21,600-pound MOAB is an improved replacement for the unguided 15,000-pound BLU-82 Daisy Cutter. It is 30 feet long with a diameter of 40.5 inches. The warhead is a blast-type warhead. It was developed in only nine weeks to be available for the Iraq campaign, but it was not used.

MOAB Video

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Krinkfreak said:
We didn't have nukes where I was at, but we sure had the MOAB !!!

Nice, but, ya just can't beat a B-28 for dramatic effect.....:grin:

Yes.

At least be decent enought to post "The Picture" of the blonde AF "Ammo-sweety", you MUST have it......

:grin: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I took Rotdorn to see a "Shape" at The AF Armament Museum at Eglin, among "other things" at my "Campus".....

Never saw one do it's thing, just our little -130 delivered BU-82 presents..... :shock: :shock: :razz: :hail:

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
You mean the Kalashnikitty Girl standing in front of the MOAB ???

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Krinkfreak said:
You mean the Kalashnikitty Girl standing in front of the MOAB ???
Actually, as I recall, she was straddling a 500 pounder...in a plain (rather well-filled) Khacki T-Shirt :razz: :razz:

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
I remember that chick.............someone else posted it on the old board.....she was pretty damn hot!!

Here's my coworker in front of the MOAB

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Krinkfreak said:
I remember that chick.............someone else posted it on the old board.....she was pretty damn hot!!

Here's my coworker in front of the MOAB

Yes, I remember it....after I got back in 2003.. (The Internet-Nazis) at Ali -Al Salem deciided to "Ban" our "In-Country" pictures at the time...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OH, WELL

Morons.

:grin: :shock: :lol: :lol:

No, "she didn't look "slutty", in any way, in fact it was so innocent that it may have been an "AF Press" photo.......

(Bear in mind that I have an 18-year-old Daughter, who is, um, ah. ah..."competative" with the young lady in that picture)

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Pave I was a kid in the early 60s in a small town in southern New Mexico. We didn't do the duck and cover drills at school. Everbody in town new.... with an air strip long enough to land the space shuttle, Nikie missles at the ready and surounded by 12 mighty Atlas.... what's the point. I remember one time I was playing next door at the neighbor house and their dad was late making it home for supper. He gave his kids and wife a big hug and said he was late because he came by way of Alaska. Didn't really sink in till many years later.
jithaca

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Pave, I love that movie, Kubrick was the shit.

Anyway, thanks for the post man.

And thanks guys for the pictures!

I saw the pics of the after effects of the bunker buster dropped on the cafe in Bagdhad when they thought Hussein was there, the damn crater was at least one story deep. :shock:

"R for Robert sir???" :lol:

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I love Doctor Strangelove.Peter Sellers was brilliant in that movie playing three parts.I can relate to it,I was a SAC trained killer :grin: and pulled many a 24 hour alert with the 46 Air Refueling Wing at K.I.Sawyer on the KC-135 Stratotanker.
We were ready to go in support of the B-52G's if the klaxton went off.
Thank God we all never wound up launching a full scale nuclear attack.
But everything was much simpler back then. East vs West. Good vs Evil.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
762BODYDROPPER said:
it was a blue shirt guys....... :bow: Thank you thank you.....I gotta get my pic of me riding a bomb out now eh, This is not the bombriding post!!!
That's her, I can tell from her ...ah, um, er...ah..."eyes"....however, in the only pic I remember, she had on a T-shirt..... that one is MUCH nicer....

Thanks. :shock: :shock: :grin: :grin:

As John Wayne once said: Sometimes, regardless of what the 60's "shrinks" say, "things" can, and should be, "Black and White", especially when confronting "evil" in it's many forms.

Whatever was said about SAC back in the day...it WAS black and white. :smile: :smile:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts