AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
1935 Lugers were G stamped above the chamber, 1936 was the first of the dated S/42's, Does your luger have matching numbers? Rust bluing and strawed parts appear to be correct, grips should match/ right side of receiver should be eagle 63 stamped. 1934 Lugers were K stamped, 35-G, 36 thru 38 were S/42. 39-41 were stamped 42, 41 and 42 were byf stamped which ended Mauser Luger production, P38 production went on til the end of the war. Nice guns other than the Luger oddity. :grin:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its all matching. and correct My bad its a 1936.. typo . WW2 Vet bring back..he has 2 more so its time to start saving my pennies !

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bobotech said:
Very nice case hardening finish on that Colt. I like that one a lot.
Yes the Colt custom shop can still build some nice single actions. I was looking for a 32-20 7.5 inch to put away for investment..but the price was right on this 38-40 .I've been holding off for years on buying one of these. I cant help but feel the days are numbered for SAA production at Colt. To many guns not enough money..the story of my life. Between my AK; Colt Python & SAA ,and now Luger addiction my bank account is hurting. At least I got over my Civil War rifle problem...but I did see a nice Sharps carbine today...anyone know what they give for a pint of blood these days ? :grin:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Templar said:
Beautiful pieces!

I would love to have a Colt SAA in .44-40 and a nice '73 Winchester to go with it.
Damn Templar I forgot Colt made these in 44-40 also...oh well looks like I will be eating spam sandwiches all next month :goof:

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
gundoc said:
Colt SAA 3rd gen. 38-40 & Nazi S/42 1936

Two very nice collectible shootin' irons gundoc. :cool:
I've always wanted an all-matching Luger but am wary of all the crooks out there when it comes to the very collectible military pieces.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Templar said:
Beautiful pieces!

I would love to have a Colt SAA in .44-40 and a nice '73 Winchester to go with it.
My father in law is giving me a Winchester 73 this weekend. According to the S/N it was mfg'd in 1894. Of course hes keeping the one made in 1875 for himself. Can't say as I blame him.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Excellent pistols, congratulations on getting an all numbers matching Luger without defects. I had one given me by my father in law that was all numbers matching but had the upper banner area of the receiver defaced by someone along the way, highly devalued the pistol, it was a joy to shoot however and accurate as hell, both of those pistols are supposed to have the most inherent pointability, or ability to hit where you instinctively point. The first time I fired the Luger I took it down to a local indoor range, sent a man sized target down to 25yards, loaded up the pistol and from a rest brought it up and fired twice into the chest and once at the center of the head. Brought the target back and the two in the chest were about 3" apart and fairly dead center or at least inside the 9 ring, the head shot was right between the eyes.
I traded the Luger off this past July at a gun show for a very nice MAK91 NM, which I am more than happy with, with the exception to the hackberry butthole stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts