AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A family heirloom from my late dad, can anyone help me identify this piece, what's good and what's bad about it? Thank you

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yes, delete.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Told you guys it was fine, he is a freeman. Ahlan Free Rad, this is a Bulgarian Milled AK47, one the finest in whole world. What you have freely there is not permitted here that is why some freaked out. Beautiful piece

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Habibi 🙂 I just wanted to know if the wood color is original, I know the sling is original, but that reddish brow wood finish... Not so sure about it, and that scroll piece of wood decoration is an add-on I suppose

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very beautiful indeed. That furniture is incredible! As you mentioned, it has had very little use. Something like that would legally sell for very pretty penny around here. Enjoy it and congrats on getting it. Sorry to hear about your late father. He had fine taste in firearms. Doesn't really get much better in my opinion.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Habibi 🙂 I just wanted to know if the wood color is original, I know the sling is original, but that reddish brow wood finish... Not so sure about it, and that scroll piece of wood decoration is an add-on I suppose
Yes the wood looks original. Early Bulgarian AKK's had the solid hardwood furniture that was red to reddish brown in color. There were some new full sets sold here in the US a few years back that fetch a premium when sold today. They were identical to yours.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hardly free... It's illegal to own rifled firearms here except with a special permit, civilians are only allowed to own smoothbore shotguns and bird shot, but the majority of the population here illegally keeps weapons for protection especially during the 70s to 90s, I never shot that piece, but my dad told me despite the stereotypes that AKs are inaccurate, he could hit the rim of a car tire at more than 300 meters, I'll have to check and confirm but it's very difficult to shoot such pieces here, I just cannot go to the range and shoot, I'll have to find a deserted area or have some protection or some sort of cover, and ammo is very expensive here

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Ahh, my bad. No location and figured USA location.

As noted its a Bulgy, very nice and in excellent condition. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts