AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I'm hooked and it's all because this AK my girlfriend bought me for Christmas, I love this gun. Now I want to purchase a 7.62X54 Dragunov Sniper Rifle, who makes a good one, what price am I looking at and finally, does this make me a Russian firearm junkie??? LOL!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
No one makes SVDs in this country; there is a limited pool of Chinese copies and Russian Tigr imports floating around. Be prepared to pay $3000+ for one if you find it.

Yes, you're a Russian firearm junkie. :p

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Well the Dragunov WAS ONLY imported by Russia and China and that stopped in 1994. The only Dragunov you can find are used and very very expansive. We are talking north of $3k. The other type is the Romanian PSL which is nothing but a oversized AK47 in a different cal. Its completely different from the Dragunov.

Now if you want an AK in 308/7.62x54/8mm You can get....
Russian VEPR in both 308 and x54.
The Romanian PSL in x54.
The Saiga in 308 and x54
The Yugo in 8mm Mauser.

All of these are just AKs on roids

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
If the M77 came with that style of stock instead of the odd thumbhole then I'd pick up an M77 and do a clone out of an M77.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
There were a handful of SVDs imported, but if you are lucky enough to find one for sale, be prepared to give an arm, leg, and several thousand dollars. The Russian approved sporting version, the TIGR was imported in a slightly greater number, but those too are going to be expensive, and if original will not have the same furniture as the SVD as well as assorted other different parts.

The Chinese version is faithful to the original, but it isn't "Russian".

Nah, you aren't a Russian junkie, you just appreciate the finer rifles. :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
There were a handful of SVDs imported, but if you are lucky enough to find one for sale, be prepared to give an arm, leg, and several thousand dollars. The Russian approved sporting version, the TIGR was imported in a slightly greater number, but those too are going to be expensive, and if original will not have the same furniture as the SVD as well as assorted other different parts.

The Chinese version is faithful to the original, but it isn't "Russian".

Nah, you aren't a Russian junkie, you just appreciate the finer rifles. :D
Or try and nab up one of the "california" model tigr rifles (odd that for once the CA model of the rifle line up was the best one) I saw one recently for 4500 with all the goodies, including the NV scope :D I wanted it, but not that bad! Maybe if it had the full length SVD barrel.

·
Registered
35 Posts
A friend of mine has a Chinese Dragunov that he is selling for $3200 I believe. It is the 7.62 X 51 version. If your interested shoot me a PM and I will put you in contact with him. He is in Fort Lauderdale.

Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts