AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- A 52-year-old American citizen who said he was searching for Osama bin Laden was detained in Pakistan near the border with Afghanistan this week, Pakistani police said Tuesday.

The Californian named Gary Brooks Faulkner was carrying a pistol, a sword, night-vision equipment and Christian religious books, said Mumtaz Ahmed, a police chief in the area.

Faulkner was detained as he was walking from Pakistan toward the border into Nuristan province in Afghanistan, Ahmed said. He told police that he had been looking for bin Laden since 9/11 and had traveled to the area several times before, Ahmed said.

U.S. Embassy Spokesman Richard Snelsire did not confirm that Faulkner had been detained but said that the consulate in Peshawar did receive notification of the detention of an American citizen. Snelsire said they were trying to get more details.

"We're hoping to get consular access to the individual," Snelsire said.

Faulkner told police that he had no intention of killing bin Laden, Ahmed said. But police believed he was trying to kill bin Laden because of the weapons he was carrying, according to Ahmed

· Registered
8,046 Posts
Tough times make the reward more appealing. 25 million dollars will buy a lot of Tula AKSU kits and pay for Maadi US receiver dimple tooling. Just sayin'...

:twirl:

· Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bet there are all kinds of interesting characters there.

Most when asked probably say they are tourists instead of saying they are looking for Bin Laden. And most probably aren't carrying swords.

· Registered
11,464 Posts
jimcola said:
turbothis said:
how would you get him out of there if you did find him?
He could have just brought back his head. Maybe that was what the sword was for.

+1, probably for the occasional brush and primarily for decapitation.

Hope they release them with all weapons and let him go on his way. His life, he should be able to do what he wants. Basically a bounty hunter.

· Banned
4,281 Posts
most guys going through mid life crisis hook up with a 20 year old or buy a sports car, get hair transplant etc... this yahoo goes mall ninja caravanting around in a third world shit hole hunting for osama with a gun show sword. wonder if he picked up one of these at the local gun show when he bought his gun show sword :grin:

· Registered
4,405 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
Hope they release them with all weapons and let him go on his way. His life, he should be able to do what he wants. Basically a bounty hunter.
I too hope he gets out ok, but it is a right to just go to another country and bounty hunt. I do not know Pakistan laws but he might be in jail for a long time for not being a citizen and having a gun on him. All of Pakistan is not the wild wild west like we dream it to be.

· Registered
1,048 Posts
INFANTRY said:
Q-gunner2 said:
I too hope he gets out ok, but it is a right to just go to another country and bounty hunt. I do not know Pakistan laws but he might be in jail for a long time for not being a citizen and having a gun on him. All of Pakistan is not the wild wild west like we dream it to be.
Bounty Hunting is illegal is most countries. I want to say the US is the only country where it is legal, but I can't remember for sure. I know that Dog Chapman guy nearly got into a world of shit for chasing that one guy with a million dollar reward down in Mexico. This guys quest to find bin Laden really isn't any different.

· Registered
11,464 Posts
INFANTRY said:
Q-gunner2 said:

I don't know, Pakistan has some odd laws and their laws vary in enforcement region to region... I am saying, it may be completely illegal and forbidden, I just don't see the harm in letting him go. Not like he is hurting anyone, or threatening anyone besides a world-wide-wanted terrorist.

His life, he can do what he wants to with it. At very least he gets to hike through fine deserts and beautiful mountains.

retroangles said:
Wheres Dog Chapman when you need him... :goof:

Man that guy pisses me off. *holding a SAR-1* "Yeah we got a fully automatic AK-47 OFF TEH STREETZ!!!"

He called the cops for the guns, they show up expecting a gun battle, Dog is standing there trying to look like some kind of hero and the cops look like their time was just completely wasted. The gun was even property of the citizen whose house the criminals were hiding in, so I doubt anything happened other than them giving it back to him.

· Registered
6,131 Posts
I had to look further into this as soon as I heard about it. I know a guy that used to live in the local area who sold his gun shop to go hunt for Bin Laden as well, he and his wife.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.